It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:43 pm

News News of Page Help

Site map of Page Help » Forum : Page Help

Get HTML help, style input, and feedback on your pages from other SP members.

What is a complete page?

Because I take a special interest in submissions to the site, especially reducing the clutter of bad and incomplete pages, I offer this in hopes that it will help members. The FAQ's have been updated to reflect this.

At the very minimum, this is the definition of a complete mountain page (and the general idea transfers to routes, areas, and canyons as well):

There is an overview telling us something about the peak, preferably what ...
Read more : What is a complete page? | Views : 21826 | Replies : 0

Slow Trip Report Load Time

My trip reports take forever to load once I'm done with them. Why is that and is there anything I can do to speed that up?

Now I'm also getting this error...

get_image_file() failed: DB Error: no database selected

Thanks!
Read more : Slow Trip Report Load Time | Views : 2965 | Replies : 3

Problem with pdf file submitted as image

I want to post an image that is a pdf file (728KB). Is this possible?
When I tried to do this, it appeared to upload successfully like other images. But there is a broken link image instead of the file image in the list of My Images on my userpage.
On the page I uploaded it to there is just the file name "Cypress Provincial Park map".
Clicking on this link leads to a popup ...
Read more : Problem with pdf file submitted as image | Views : 1567 | Replies : 3

Please, Please! map on Create Page: image

Creating an image page (up-loading a photo)

The long/lat pointer on the map is always in Mexico! I have to move it every single time to Europe to then find the location for my photo.
How can I get it to stay in Spain?! If I click the star in the middle of the arrows - it jumps right back to Mexico.
I'm getting very weary of all this travelling!

thanks, j
Read more : Please, Please! map on Create Page: image | Views : 1753 | Replies : 2

When (and how) to upload images for trip report

I get adding the text; does the trip report have to be created before you can upload images and get image #s to add to (or edit) the text? Because I can't insert an image while I'm adding text.

Thanks
Read more : When (and how) to upload images for trip report | Views : 3827 | Replies : 1

Creating a page and saving in draft - possible?

Hi guys. I've read FAQ but...

I'd like to write a trip report but sure I'm going to take ages doing it. The text is written in word so can be pasted in, but the refining - text, colour, adding photos etc - will probably take time.

Can I save a draft and come back later or does it all have to be done in one go?

saludos, j
Read more : Creating a page and saving in draft - possible? | Views : 3902 | Replies : 10

DELETING AN IMAGE AND EDITING ITS TEXT - HOW?

Just arrived at this site and its rather overwhelming with so much going on. There's probably a help section somewhere, but I'm going to be lazy and ask you guys.

As the title says. How? I've just up-loaded a pic and I'd prefer to change it to a better version. At the same time, I've made a typo in the description.

Saludos
ojo
Read more : DELETING AN IMAGE AND EDITING ITS TEXT - HOW? | Views : 2831 | Replies : 3

How do I delete a picture that has no option for editing???

I have a "photo" in my gallery that doesn't have an image associated with it. I would delete it, however when I click on the photo there is no "orange edit bar" that would give me the option for deleting the image. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.summitpost.org/image/226920/ ... -peak.html
Read more : How do I delete a picture that has no option for editing??? | Views : 3141 | Replies : 12

HTML tips to share with others.

I got the idea for this thread from another going on at the moment, and thought it be good to have one dedicated to sharing bits of code or tricks that you think others might find useful, rather than waiting for folks to ask about something. Most of us don't actually know much HTML (I knew none a year ago) and this might be useful for both new and more experienced folks who might run ...
Read more : HTML tips to share with others. | Views : 8298 | Replies : 12

Report Your Screen Size

It's that time again. I (and others) need to have an idea of the most common screen size (in pixels) Summitpost members are currently using. Knowing the screen size of the page viewer makes it much easier to compose an acceptable page layout. Please, PLEASE respond with your screen size. Thanks, Mike.
Read more : Report Your Screen Size | Views : 6206 | Replies : 23

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434