It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 7:57 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

How much technical experience is needed for Mt Blanc? How much technical experience is needed for Mt Blanc?

Hi all,

New to the site, and first-time poster. Apologies if the topic is covered elsewhere...

Question:
(In case I can't convince my mountaineering buddy to come with) then will it be enough from a technical perspective if I attend a mountaineering course over the summer to be able to go up Mt Blanc alone?

Context:
- 30yr old male, reasonably fit and athletic
- Not much of a background in endurance, but I've always ...
Read more : How much technical experience is needed for Mt Blanc? | Views : 1280 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

FS Silvretta 500 Alpine touring bindings

I bought these used and mounted them to skis but never ended up using them. They still work as new.

silvretta.jpg

$200 or best offer
Read more : FS Silvretta 500 Alpine touring bindings | Views : 1520 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

Cordillera Huayhuash & Cordillera Real Traverse

Hi,

I want to do a circuit trek around the Cordillera Huayhuash, a circuit of Ausangate and the Cordillera Real Traverse from Illampu to Illmani. From least difficult to most difficult, what is the best sequence to do these in?

Thanks.
Read more : Cordillera Huayhuash & Cordillera Real Traverse | Views : 2893 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Southern Oregon - Climbing Partners

Hi y'all!

I'm looking for climbing partners based in Southern Oregon, Nor Cal, or Central Oregon. I've been building my skills and experience in the mountains - mostly with summits in the summer & shoulder seasons. I am keen on learning how to safely explore the Cascades in the winter and would appreciate having someone with more experience be able to lend a hand. I can trade beers, good company, and photo/video capturing in return! ...
Read more : Southern Oregon - Climbing Partners | Views : 2287 | Replies : 0 | Forum : US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Aconcagua

Hey everyone, curious when the mountain closes can you still attempt a climb? I mean, once the rangers and search and rescue leave and everything closes can you still summit? Also I have a month before I plan to hike. What are some other good pre hikes around that area in either Chile or Argentina? Thanks a lot for your help and advice. I fly into Santiago on the 1 st of January. J.C.
Read more : Aconcagua | Views : 1527 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Climbing Partner - Aconcagua Dec 2022

Hey,

I'll be climbing Aconcagua solo in early December 2022. If anyone else will be on the mountain I'd love to team up, especially for the higher elevations. I'm super flexible: if you want to share some logistics (e.g. transport from Mendoza) I am down or just meet up on the mountain that works too.

About me: 29, living in California, an experienced mountaineer (and rock climber/skier) but have never climbed above ~18k before. Likewise ...
Read more : Climbing Partner - Aconcagua Dec 2022 | Views : 3966 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Denali 2023 West Buttress

Hello,

looking for a partner to climb Denali in 2023 end of May - beg of June. I have all the gear (and some extras if needed), I tried to summit before, but was unsuccessful due to weather.

Would love to find a climbing partner here!

Thank you!
Read more : Denali 2023 West Buttress | Views : 16496 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Canada & Alaska

Mt Hood - help identify rock feature

As a gift, I received a vintage photo from 1937 of Mt Hood which I am trying to identify for my own personal satsifaction. I have never visited the peak and have no personal knowledge of what I am looking at other than comparing it to images on the Internet. The attached image appears to show the south side, facing in a westerly direction - my best guess. I would like to identify the rock ...
Read more : Mt Hood - help identify rock feature | Views : 1404 | Replies : 0 | Forum : US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Double warmth. Double happiness! Ocoopa UT2s hand warmer has

Ocoopa is an industry-leading brand of rechargeable hand warmers and has been committed to the research and development of hand warmers for many years. A series of products it launched is loved by millions of users.
In 2022, with the idea to share your warmth with friends, family, and pals during the cold winter months, then Ocoopa UT2s--a split-type design magnetic rechargeable USB hand warmer is born. Ocoopa UT2s was launched in September and has ...
Read more : Double warmth. Double happiness! Ocoopa UT2s hand warmer has | Views : 1974 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574