It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:19 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Want to buy: Wall hammer and iron.

Looking for a hammer w/ funkness hole and pitons. Not looking for anything new or collector stuff. Looking to take my climbing in a new direction and these are needed.

Thanks for reading
Read more : Want to buy: Wall hammer and iron. | Views : 511 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Flume Gorge

I'm planning to build a Canyon page for the Flume Gorge in New Hampshire, with emphasis on ice climbing. If you have photos, please add them to this temporary album page: flume gorge. If you have info (I'm not finding anything on route names, ratings, history), please comment here or on the album page. And if you want to be co-author on a Canyon page, just let me know.
Read more : Flume Gorge | Views : 2098 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

For Sale: Petzl Ousiti Kids harness

Brand new, unused. Got over Christmas for my boy, and he's still a bit too short.

Retail is $49.95. If you give me that, I'll ship it free.
Read more : For Sale: Petzl Ousiti Kids harness | Views : 1290 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Highway will link Nepal and Tibet - NO !!

I was shocked to read that there are plans to bring a trans Asian highway that will cut through the Himalayas :shock:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8480637.stm
Read more : Highway will link Nepal and Tibet - NO !! | Views : 1435 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Asia

Longs Peak via THe Loft

I'm looking for infomation on climbing Longs Peak via The Loft. Specifically, I'd loke details on getting from The Loft, past Clark's Arrow, and up to the Homestretch. I did this route a couple years ago, and my experience was that I dropped at least 600-800 feet down from the west Side of the Loft, around a large buttress, and then ascended N-NE to the Homstretch from there. After reading a number of trip reports, ...
Read more : Longs Peak via THe Loft | Views : 5375 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Colorado

Island Peak arranger: Alpine Adventure Team?

Has anyone some recent experience with the Nepalese company Alpine Adventure Team?
http://www.alpinenepaltrekking.com/
Thinking about hiring them for an Island Peak trek/climb in October 2010.
Cheers, André
Read more : Island Peak arranger: Alpine Adventure Team? | Views : 1008 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Ski-Touring Video

Here´s a link to a short video diary that I made. It covers three days in the Allgäuer Alps, south west from Munich. Although there was a fair snow cover it wasn´t very deep, as one can see. The first evening the hut patron had birthday do - hence the appalling live music.
It´s a very pleasant area and worth a visit.
Cheers

http://vimeo.com/9005234
Read more : Ski-Touring Video | Views : 1032 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

231-mph NH wind gust is no longer world's fastest (recorded)

".......The concession came three days after the World Meteorological Organization posted a snippet on its Web site saying a panel of experts reviewing extreme weather and climate data turned up a 253 mph gust on Australia's Barrow Island during Cyclone Olivia in 1996.

That tops the 231 mph record set atop Mount Washington on April 12, 1934. ......
"

We knew this, and we are talking "recorded".

".......Mary Stampone, assistant professor of geography at the University ...

J Tree next week

My girl friend and I are going going down to Palm Springs next week and will be stopping by J Tree for a day. I know there are not a lot of sport routes in the area but can anyone give me some good areas/routes that are sport or can be set up with a TR up to a 5.9? TIA!

- Josh
Read more : J Tree next week | Views : 1528 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557965 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136443