It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

rock climbing Mendoza

Hello,
Stuck in Mendoza for 6days - any suggestions of a way to hook up or hire someone for a couple of days of rock-climbing. Many thanks. Daniel
Read more : rock climbing Mendoza | Views : 1796 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

winter routes for beginner winter alpinists

Hello

Do you people have any suggestions for winter ascents in Europe?
preferably Slovenia, Austria,Slovakia, maybe Romania.

This would be my first winter climb so it should not be overly difficult :-D

thanks!
Read more : winter routes for beginner winter alpinists | Views : 5359 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Europe

Most recent votes

I have an idea for the user profile page. I know that many are calling for an overhaul with the voting system, but if there are no plans to change it for a while, then I suggest this extra feature while it stands the way it is. How about a drop down menu of your most recent votes given and received? This would be similar to the menu for our most recent comments. There could ...
Read more : Most recent votes | Views : 1485 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Hilleberg Jannu Tent and Petzl Harness FS; Jannu Price drop

Trying to move some gear to free up funds (for more gear of course!). More items to be sold over the spring. Prices are shipped in the continental U.S.

Hilleberg Jannu, brand new in the bag with tags. $575 shipped

Petzl Adjama Harness Sz. Large: lightly used for general mountaineering, never fallen on. $40 Shipped

Thanks!
Read more : Hilleberg Jannu Tent and Petzl Harness FS; Jannu Price drop | Views : 4107 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Classifieds

when does the snow off season start in the catskills

For a peak such as table or peakamoose at 3800'?
and whats the snow gone season for somthing like overlook mt or red hill? 3200' and 2900'?

can i start climbing again in April or march? (i have winter equiptment, but will be training some other people for hikes in the dacks)

and off topic sorta, the black mountains in north Carolina, in particular Mitchell and Craig, will the snow be gone by mid may?

Forty Below (40) Purple Haze Overboots - Medium Size

One pair of Forty Below Purple Haze Overboots in size medium. I used these on my Denali climb and no longer have a need for them. They have some minor 'scrapes' on the inside of each boot from crampon contact but none of these have turned into full blown holes or anything that would compromise foot warmth. Please email me with any specifc questions. sgrischow@gmail.com
Read more : Forty Below (40) Purple Haze Overboots - Medium Size | Views : 1547 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

FS: NWT Black Diamond Machine 182 AT/ Telemark/ Alpine Ski

$550 MSRP. I am only selling them because I bought the wrong size (new to the sport, got ebay happy). I cannot return them. I want $180 + $10 shipping. We can use paypal or check in the mail. email me at kchorton15@hotmail.com
Read more : FS: NWT Black Diamond Machine 182 AT/ Telemark/ Alpine Ski | Views : 1074 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Rabbit Peak (Santa Rosas) - From the Coachella Valley?

I've been to Rabbit Peak from S22 (over Villager), but I'm thinking about starting down in the Coachella Valley in the Oasis area to do it my second time. Has anyone done it this route? If so, did you just leave your vehicle parked along the side of the road on Filmore Street near where Avenue 79 would be and head toward Rabbit as the Sierra Club's Desert Peak's Guide suggests? Any advice or tips ...
Read more : Rabbit Peak (Santa Rosas) - From the Coachella Valley? | Views : 4912 | Replies : 17 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418