It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Vasque ICE 9000 Plastic Boots - US10 - ITALIAN MODEL

One pair of Vasque ICE 9000 double plastic mountaineering boots in a men's size US 10, EU 44 and UK 9.5. These are the original 'red' Italian model circa 2004, not the later 'orange' version which has had many problems with the construction. Boots were used on a Aconcagua climb and are not needed for future climbs. Inner boots are in great condition and were not walked in without the plastic overboot. I do not ...
Read more : Vasque ICE 9000 Plastic Boots - US10 - ITALIAN MODEL | Views : 1751 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Ouray ice partner wanted now-Sun!

Not for myself though...I am feeling very bad for promising my climbing partner to join him there and having to bail at the last minute due to job searching/interview scheduling.

If you can help me, and help him not to free-solo, please get in touch with him at kgossett8___msn.com or by phone, 303 652 7489.

Thanks so much.
Read more : Ouray ice partner wanted now-Sun! | Views : 961 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

In New York City

From FAO Schwartz, you'll be at the SE corner of Central Park. There's a loop road that runs inside the park for ~6 miles, find this road (on foot, much better than carriage or pedicabs) and start exploring. There are numerous places to take a side path and turn back around, the whole 6 mile loop is a bit much unless you're running/biking.

We're supposed to get a couple inches of snow in the next ...
Read more : In New York City | Views : 4609 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Whitney climbing conditions?

might head up there this month.... anyone have the latest snow and ice conditions in the mountaineers route? thanks... david
Read more : Whitney climbing conditions? | Views : 1388 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

F/S Macpac Expedition Underall-rainbow crutch zip-size XL

Unused Macpac Expedition Underall with rainbow crutch zip-size XL
I am 193cms or 6'3
The underalls are a soft-shell style suit, providing warmth and weather repelency. Black full torso bibs one piece with rainbow crutch
Paypal accepted
Ship anywhere from Australia
Pictures available upon request
Price=make me a reasonable offer
Read more : F/S Macpac Expedition Underall-rainbow crutch zip-size XL | Views : 1360 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Gear

Western Mountaineering Flash XR jacket

It's not a puffy, if that's what you mean. It's slightly loftier than a Patagonia Down Sweater.
Read more : Western Mountaineering Flash XR jacket | Views : 6010 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Gear

Trap Dike in Winter

Is this mostly snow?
Do you need ice tools or just a mountaineering axe/crampons?
How would you compare this to one of the Gullies in Huntington on Mt. Washington? It does not look too bad and I wanted to try it out.
Read more : Trap Dike in Winter | Views : 2375 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

FS: PATAGONIA Down Jacket Men's Medium Blue with Tags

Asking $150 or BEST OFFER (FREE Shipping with in USA)

Contact me at olaf2046@tmo.blackberry.net if interested.

Thanks.

DESCRIPTION:
Worn a few times but still in EXCELLENT condition. Comes with all tags and patagonia stuff sack from a clean smoke, pet and child free home.

In BOX Ready To Ship!

Read more : FS: PATAGONIA Down Jacket Men's Medium Blue with Tags | Views : 1438 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Sleeping System for Kili

Headed there in early July, need recommendations on sleeping pad/sleeping bag as mine need replacing/updating anyway, might as well get something appropriate for Kili. I like to sleep a bit on the cooler side as well. Light and compact is what I'm looking for. Thanks.
Read more : Sleeping System for Kili | Views : 2665 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Africa

DON'T DIE OUT THERE !!

Even one dying of avalanche is enough, but the numbers are now getting tragic. I'm not a spoil sport, and I love the big stuff, but it's time to cut the risk. Conditions just ain't right. Stay away from the risk and live for another day.
Read more : DON'T DIE OUT THERE !! | Views : 12970 | Replies : 44 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136495