It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:45 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Dolomite Hut System - food and logistics

My wife and I are traveling to Italy's Dolomites and will start a trek the first of September. This is our first time doing a hut to hut in Europe. We're both pretty much vegetarian (we eat cheese/eggs/fish) and are wondering about food options. It would be great to get an idea of the types of food available in the huts (traveling from Bolzano area, east to Cortina), in order to decide how much food ...
Read more : Dolomite Hut System - food and logistics | Views : 5012 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

Page width question?

Did a TH page recently and find that it looks fine on my Mac, but it seems to be too wide on my PC at work. It has 2 medium sized photos next to each other in a couple spots. On the PC, I see the entire left photo but only the edge of the right photo. Also, for some reason, there's no side to side bar at the bottom to bring the right side ...
Read more : Page width question? | Views : 4214 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Page Help

Dispersed Campsites in El Dorado National Forest in CA

Are there any dispersed campsites near Packsaddle Pass forest road near highway 50 in California? The forest road is south of highway 50. The forest road is near Cody Lake. I thought I may have saw some areas on Google Earth where you can turn out to camp. Could someone correct me if I am right or not? I may have saw a few more possible campsites near Cody Meadow forest road also. Packsaddle Pass ...
Read more : Dispersed Campsites in El Dorado National Forest in CA | Views : 14484 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Help!

Hi all
I am looking for a guide or guide service that can help me out with climbing Alpamayo and Huascaran Sur. Does anyone recommend a good service tat can help me out?
Read more : Help! | Views : 1182 | Replies : 4 | Forum : South America

SP'ers UK weekend.

It's been so long since I was on a mountain that I'm not sure where to put this!

Anyway, after Bobbie's illness and the dreadful loss of her last December I got back on a mountain for the first time in 18 months yesterday.

Along with SPs dadndave from Aus and Lolli from Sweden, (Lolli having spent a couple of nights here in Kent first), we climbed Snowdon yesterday.

A straightforward hiking route, (Snowdon Rangers ...
Read more : SP'ers UK weekend. | Views : 2953 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Europe

Nepal current and long range forecast

Hi everyone

I am arriving in 6 weeks and am climbing in the Hinku and Khumbu regions throughout October and some of November.

Does anyone have any ideas (or links) to current weather in the region and what the long range forecast is likely to be?

Cheers all!!
Read more : Nepal current and long range forecast | Views : 954 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Schönbielhütte beta

I am planning to hike from Zermatt to Schönbielhütte with a friend next week, but we are having a hard time finding information about the route. We're both experienced hikers, but we've never been to Switzerland or a Swiss hut before, so we're a little clueless.

I've emailed the hut caretaker and confirmed that there is space available when we'd like to go, but I haven't gotten a response from him about my other questions ...
Read more : Schönbielhütte beta | Views : 2874 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

Cordillera Blanca?

How much time would be needed for succesful 6000m peak trip and what sort of cost would be associated with one. This isn't anything that i will be doing anytime soon but is more of a long term goal that i am trying to research and come up with a approximate cost. I have lots of experience to gain first here in the states but want to be able to do something like this before ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca? | Views : 4377 | Replies : 6 | Forum : South America

Everest trekking and other photos

photos of various trekking expeditions, including Mount Everest, Langtang trek and Tibet tours

http://www.flickr.com/photos/explorehimalaya/
Read more : Everest trekking and other photos | Views : 944 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Lenin Mt. Killed ...

some Iranians (includes my friends) decide to try Lenin Peak

although my friends summited safe

but at least 2 Iranian climber died after summiting the peak cause of edema (HAPE).
I also heard about death of 3 Iranians and 2 Germans too ... :(
Read more : Lenin Mt. Killed ... | Views : 1943 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558062 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136665