It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:28 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Orizaba - true height?

I've seen it quoted as 5611m and 5746m. I'd be surprised if the latter were correct. Anyone know the truth?
Read more : Orizaba - true height? | Views : 2302 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Re: another name for orizaba

I believe its called Citlaltepetl. Citlal is a star. From a distance the snow cap looks like a shining star on the horizon. Tepetl, or tepic is a hill or mountain. Any mountain that big deserves many names, it can be seen from many locations that speak different Nauhuatl dialects.
Read more : Re: another name for orizaba | Views : 4286 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

need partner for Orizaba

Hi, I'm looking for someone to pick me up in Iowa and take me to Orizaba. Ha! Well, if anyone is looking to partner up and split costs, I'm ready, probably looking at February to fly in though, but I will say the sooner the better. Climbed Elbert solo and looking for something higher, so if you are close and ready, let me know. Justin
Read more : need partner for Orizaba | Views : 5997 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

food on orizaba

just a quick question about food on the climb. is it easy to get food in tlachichuca (such as beans n rice, other dried food, etc.) or is it best to stock up in mex. city. also, is it possible to take food into mexico on the flight? it would be easiest to just take camping food in the gear bag, but i don't know if customs is going to take it. i figure its ...
Read more : food on orizaba | Views : 4244 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Orizaba partners 12/05

anybody up for Orizaba either the week before Christmas or the week after Christmas? Othewise, I'll be soloing, and I'd rather not. I'm in Santa Ana, CA.
Read more : Orizaba partners 12/05 | Views : 9288 | Replies : 37 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Volcanoes true height?

I'm finding numerous conflicting heights for the volcanoes around Mexico City. Anyone been there with a GPS recently? Or at least what is the "official" height of the big 3? Cheers!
Read more : Volcanoes true height? | Views : 8730 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

TR Nominations for the Front Page

If you come across a TR that is worthy of more publicity, mention it here. It will be considered for the front page.
Read more : TR Nominations for the Front Page | Views : 29744 | Replies : 52 | Forum : Site Feedback

User name change request

Josh,
If you get a moment can you change my user name to "Nelson".
Thanks,
Nelson
Read more : User name change request | Views : 225493 | Replies : 698 | Forum : Site Feedback

Chris Bonington books

Hi,

Are all these Chris Bonington books worth purchasing / reading? (I`ve found customer reviews on Amazon for some but not all of them.)

- Annapurna South Face
- Everest, the Hard Way
- Everest: The Unclimbed Ridge
- Chris Bonington's Everest
- Everest, south west face
- Everest Years

thank you
Michael
Read more : Chris Bonington books | Views : 6185 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General

Good Books

I've previsouly read Krakaur's books "Into the Wild" and "Into thin air". I loved them. does anyone else know of some equally good, or better books like these? Fiction or non-fiction.

thanks
Read more : Good Books | Views : 26834 | Replies : 105 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557969 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136451