It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:33 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Washington Fires are out...news flash...

Covid/Fires...2020.. a year to live through... anyone have first hand experiences with being up one of these trails this year?
Some one has stories to tell this year, post a couple of pictures and what's up? There must be Ptarmigan Traverse travelers affected now and many more trips cancelled or evacuated. Friends I hike/climb with finally got an Enchantment permit this year, well Colchuck Zone, but we gave up the permit for this coming week... ...
Read more : Washington Fires are out...news flash... | Views : 3452 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Longs Peak hike with an 8yr old advise

Hello everyone, I'm planning to hike Keyhole Route on Longs Peak, next year at the end of July/Aug with my 8yr old son. and I would like to hear opinions how to improve my planning and safety. The plan is to have at least another experienced hicker/climber, hike to boulder field, overnight and acclimatize and get early start(3-30am-4am). After summit we'll either pack up and go all the way down or spend the second night ...
Read more : Longs Peak hike with an 8yr old advise | Views : 5130 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Colorado

Diamond Peak via Baxter Pass

Has anybody here climbed Diamond peak via Baxter Pass?
Would you recommend it to someone with very little climbing experience?
Read more : Diamond Peak via Baxter Pass | Views : 2799 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Nevada, Missing Paraglider Pilot

Nevada explorers, there is a missing paragliding pilot that was lost 16 days ago. James "Kiwi" Oroc is a paraglider pilot missing in Nevada. Last tracker point was seen on Saturday 22 August, at 2:14pm southwest of Eureka, Nevada. Please visit this Gofundme and Facebook page for more info. It may be you that can help bring him home to his family.

Eventually perhaps we will find him.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/missing-paraglider-pilot-needs-help?fbclid=IwAR0MN_PdV_gGngU-a-xco15w7erMJD2y9j3Ns0eFwVEno14wZDpZQjdAkGU

https://www.facebook.com/FindThatKiwi/

Couldn't post in the Southwest ...
Read more : Nevada, Missing Paraglider Pilot | Views : 3706 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Mt. Rainier Climb

Hey everyone,

Just wondered whether anyone knew any climbing company offering climbs to Mt. Rainier in early September? I appreciate it's late in the day and all of the ones I've checked are full already.

I'm also open to having a private guide or joining an existing expedition!

I'm from Chamonix in France and have quite extensive climbing / mountaineering experience :)

Cheers!
Read more : Mt. Rainier Climb | Views : 2990 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Looking for climbing partners this week around Seattle

In town roughly through the end of August and would love to find some mountaineering partners. Hoping to summit some of the mountains in the cascades, including Rainier and Baker.

I'm in good shape and have done 14K summits before (including Mt Shasta last winter) but no glacier travel experience so hoping to find someone that can fill that knowledge gap. I'm always looking to push myself and learn something new.

I bring a positive ...
Read more : Looking for climbing partners this week around Seattle | Views : 1670 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Baker from Table Mountain

Took a quick hike up to Table Mountain summit!!!! My only peak this year during Covid. Did it solo too.... Imagine that... from this photo I was wondering about anyone on or near the summit of Baker. Interesting day, great day out for me.
Read more : Baker from Table Mountain | Views : 1623 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Wind Rivers: Bomber Basin or Goat Flat?

Planning a trip to the Downs Mountain (Wind River Range) area and I'm trying to decide whether to take Goat Flat or Bomber Basin. I've crossed Goat Flat before, how does Bomber-Turquoise Lakes compare for difficulty/time to the base of Downs (from Glacier Trailhead)?

Pertinent, I spoke to someone at the Dubois USFS office today and he was adamant that the trail crew maintains the trail past Bomber Falls all the way to Bomber Lake. ...
Read more : Wind Rivers: Bomber Basin or Goat Flat? | Views : 2736 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

South or Middle Sister Labor Day weekend

If anyone is interested, I'm going to be climbing South or Middle Sister Labor Day weekend. If you are interested in coming, you are welcome to join. Otherwise, I'll just be solo, plus everyone else on the mountain of course!
Read more : South or Middle Sister Labor Day weekend | Views : 1731 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Granite Peak SW Couloir 2020

Post here if you have current conditions on the couloir.
Read more : Granite Peak SW Couloir 2020 | Views : 2692 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558053 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136650