It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:27 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Annual Mountaineering Stats for DNP

The Annual Mountaineering Summary for Denali N/P has not been issued yet for 2009, probably due to the retirement of Daryl Miller. It usually comes out in February. I hope they continue that tradition. I always enjoy reading the new climbing accomplishments and stats for the previous year.

http://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/summaryreports.htm
Read more : Annual Mountaineering Stats for DNP | Views : 2560 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Boise help requested

I'm coming in to Boise (spur of the moment) on April 22nd and have both Friday and Saturday wide open. I've never been to Boise so I'm wondering what's a guy and girl to do? We would like to get a couple day hikes/climbs in and we don't need to stay right in Boise. In case Martha is lurking I will also be doing my own research but you can't beat the inside info. ...
Read more : Boise help requested | Views : 3580 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Anyone been up Mount of the Holy Cross lately?

So I am thinking about skinning up towards Mount of the Holy Cross early tomorrow to try my new skins out and see what my lungs can get done these days....

...anyone been up there lately?

...any dirt on the snowpack?
Read more : Anyone been up Mount of the Holy Cross lately? | Views : 2863 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Colorado

Whitney access in Mid-April

I'm hoping to attempt the Mountaineer's Route in about 10 days.

Anyone care to guess how close to the Portal a 2WD car will be able to get?

Thanks.
Read more : Whitney access in Mid-April | Views : 1799 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Backpacking Recommendations...

So a couple of buddies and I try and get together every year or so and do some backpacking. Basically, we're looking at something within this criteria:

1. 3 to 7 days
2. 20 to 70 TOTAL miles
3. Peaks along the way NOT required, but it would be cool if there were some...
4. NOT limited to California
5. Summer hiking - July or August
6. Fishing along the way would be cool, too ...
Read more : Backpacking Recommendations... | Views : 2733 | Replies : 11 | Forum : California

Spitler Peak area conditions

Has anyone been up in the Spitler Peak / Apache Peak area lately? I'm heading up there on Saturday and am curious about current snow conditions.
Read more : Spitler Peak area conditions | Views : 846 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

? about WNC, eastern TN , or upstate SC locations

I am from here but I am drawing blanks on this one. I have a client who wants portraits in a bridal dress with wildflowers and Mountain views. The trick is that it needs to be a spot fairly close to a road or parking area with the wedding dress.

I thought of Black Balsam Knob but not really known for wildflowers. Waterrock knob might work do they have wildflowers there?

This will be in ...

best route on katahdin for beginers

taking the wife and daughter and they have no experience

Is there Cell Coverage on Mt. Baker and Mt. Shuksan?

If there is cell coverage on either of these guys?

If so, what carrier? Thanks.
Read more : Is there Cell Coverage on Mt. Baker and Mt. Shuksan? | Views : 14705 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558022 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136597