It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:28 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Thunderbird Avalanche

Back on March 17, there was a avalanche on Grand Mesa involving Seth Anderson and Ann Driggers. Seth was pretty badly knocked around.

Their reports can be read here:
http://www.gjfreepress.com/article/20100326/COMMUNITY_NEWS/100329969/1076&ParentProfile=1059
and here:
http://www.gjsentinel.com/blogs/outdoor_junkie/entry/the-things-i-carried

I hadn't seen anything mentioned here,just thought I would pass it along.
Read more : Thunderbird Avalanche | Views : 538 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

shuttle-Highline Trail in July

I'm planning a Highline Trail East to West hike with my dog around mid-July. One car only, so I'm looking for a shuttle from Hayden Pass back to Leidy Peak Trailhead. Any suggestions? Also, feel free to suggest links or 'must know' info for this trip. Thanks!
Read more : shuttle-Highline Trail in July | Views : 2759 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Utah

Wham Couloir Conditions

Looking for conditions on Wham Couloir, specifically if there is ice and snow in it. I'm not sure if I missed the window. It's located on the S. Face of Otis.

Thx.
Read more : Wham Couloir Conditions | Views : 1645 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Colorado

Alt plans for Rainier trip

Coming to WA and was planning a go at Rainier this weekend/early next week with a couple buddies. Weather looks like shit and I'm not sure how much fun it will be sitting in the hut at Muir for 4 days waiting for a small weather window.

So, any suggestions for alternative plans Friday-Tuesday in the surrounding areas? I guess beer tasting is always an option... Never thought I'd be disappointed with drinking beer, but ...
Read more : Alt plans for Rainier trip | Views : 2075 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Bridgeport hot spring conditions??!?!

I'm probably going to be driving through bridgeport tomorrow. Anyone been to Buckeye or Travertine lately? Are the roads snowy at all? passable with a 2wd with bald highway tires?
Read more : Bridgeport hot spring conditions??!?! | Views : 1749 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Russell East Ridge

Does anyone have any recent beta on the East Ridge right now? I am looking to head up there Friday/Saturday of this week and wondering what the conditions on the route are? Also, does the approach to Russell-Carillion saddle from Clyde Meadow (not the Rockwell variation) have good snow coverage?
Read more : Russell East Ridge | Views : 4142 | Replies : 11 | Forum : California

Ethan Pond Shelter

Just curious if anyone has any information on the status of the Ethan Pond Shelter. I am thinking about taking advantage of the warmer weather and doing a quick overnight to catch a breather.
Read more : Ethan Pond Shelter | Views : 1173 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Quandary Peak conditions these days?

So I will be heading out to CO this weekend and I am looking to get on top of something that will have less chances of heavy avalanche conditions....

....anyone been up around Quandary lately? Grey's? Torrey's?

I know its looking like snow on Thursday and Friday, so I was looking at Quandary just because its relatively safer (and has that bowl I very much would like to ski down!!!!)
Read more : Quandary Peak conditions these days? | Views : 1298 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

Lost climbers on Shasta updates

hi all,

got an email thru the a local hiking club concerning our friend PellucidWombat (http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=12893) (Mark Thomas) and Tom Bennett.

Thanks everyone...
Read more : Lost climbers on Shasta updates | Views : 72889 | Replies : 228 | Forum : California

Questions about red rock formations on north side of the 166

I've driven by these innumerable times, even stopped at the gate in front of them on the highway talking to a SLO SO deputy and a ranch worker about them this weekend, and no one seems to know their name, or if there are any other formations like them further back in the hills.

Anyone? Buehler?

Sorry about the image. I'm having some fuzzy/focus/f-stop issues.

Read more : Questions about red rock formations on north side of the 166 | Views : 3494 | Replies : 10 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557961 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430