It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Onion Valley Road Conditions

Anyone have info?
Read more : Onion Valley Road Conditions | Views : 5013 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Alexander's Chimney/RMNP Alpine Conditions

Hi! I live down in Gunnison and do most of my climbing in the Silverton area, but I would like to get up and do some alpine mixed routes in RMNP this spring. I was wondering if anybody has been up Alexander's Chimney recently, or if someone can give me some informed BS on what condition the route might be in for the next few weeks.

Any other input on "nice" moderate long routes in ...
Read more : Alexander's Chimney/RMNP Alpine Conditions | Views : 4677 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Colorado

RMNP Need Help With A Plan B For This Weekend! HELP.

Based on the comments in this thread http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52386&sid=8ae6e2efa690bf89a63f3b1a8d862ce5 it appears we should be coming up with a Plan B. As we are headed out to CO TOMORROW at noon'ish we could use some help picking a new objective.

The plan was to climb the Shark's Tooth via the 5.4 route normally used as the descent and then climb the 5.7ish NE Ridge Route the following day. IF we can't get up there w/o exposing ourselves ...
Read more : RMNP Need Help With A Plan B For This Weekend! HELP. | Views : 1590 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Shasta Climb April

I am looking to climb next weekend if any one has any beta on Casaval Ridge or Green Butte route it would be greatly appreciated. I have been keeping up with the weather reports and advisories from the MT. Shasta Avalanche center. If anyone has been up either route recently or has any beta for a different route i am open for suggestions. We have allotted 2-3 days for the climb.
Read more : Shasta Climb April | Views : 2502 | Replies : 9 | Forum : California

Beartooths shuttle ?

Anybody know of any shuttle service to be had from one rosebud to the other ?
Read more : Beartooths shuttle ? | Views : 7190 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

UT 12 - Most amazing drive in the world?

Been to Yosemite, Beartooth, Nevada, all those places in Colorado, Wyoming, etc. Sure there's plenty of places I haven't been to.

But hands down UT 12 from Tropic to Torrey (through Escalante and Boulder) is the most amazing road I've ever driven. I cried tears of joy.

Just wish I had more time to explore the area
Read more : UT 12 - Most amazing drive in the world? | Views : 3900 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Utah

Avalanche Danger RMNP Sharks Tooth.

I see that the avalanche danger has been fairly high in CO and might be rising in the next couple of days. Is anyone aware is the approach route to The Sharks Tooth is avalanche prone? We are scheduled to make an attempt at the NE Ridge over the weekend. Should we be looking to formulate some alternate plans?
Read more : Avalanche Danger RMNP Sharks Tooth. | Views : 2415 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Wind River Snow Levels

What are the snow levels looking like this year? I'm planning a trip to climb Gannett Peak and the end of May might be the only chance I have to go.
Read more : Wind River Snow Levels | Views : 3535 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Shasta - West Face Gulley

I want to keep an eye on these conditions for a possible ascent in late May. Would appreciate any updates submitted here. :wink:
Read more : Shasta - West Face Gulley | Views : 1204 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557961 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430