It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:04 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Mowich Lake Road in a Winnebago Rialta?

Planning to hike the Wonderland Trail in late August with a friend. I've been researching the route and decided to put in at Mowich Lake for an 11 day / 10 night trip.

My friend is traveling around the Northwest for several months this summer and will pick me up at the Seattle airport. This week he bought a 1997 Winnebago Rialta, and will be in a mini-Winni rather than the expected mini-SUV.

Will this ...
Read more : Mowich Lake Road in a Winnebago Rialta? | Views : 1724 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Recommendations near Las Vegas

Looking for Hike/Climb recommendations near Las Vegas. I am looking to kill a day in the countryside near vegas. I am not looking for anything super technical, just a nice moderate to difficult day hike. Any thoughts?
Read more : Recommendations near Las Vegas | Views : 6334 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

UT or NM in Late March

I am looking to take a trip to NM or UT at the end of March or early April with my wife and dog. Looking for a mellow, fun desert experience. Weather permitting, we intend to camp. I anticipate it could get pretty cold at night.

We are looking for some combination of easy climbs, bike rides, bouldering opportunities, hikes where we might be able to see some ruins and/or rock art, maybe a nice ...
Read more : UT or NM in Late March | Views : 6603 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

6th Annual SP Summer Gathering in the Mighty San Juans

Greetings fellow SummitPost Colorado Gathering Enthusiasts!

It's the 6th Annual EXPANDED Summer SP Gathering in Colorado!

This is the “official” announcement concerning the 6th annual Colorado Summer Gathering. As you may know, in terms of attendance and attendee reviews, this event has become increasingly popular and perhaps one of the most anticipated of SP related events. This year should be no different. At last year’s extremely successful gathering at Marble Mountain in the Sangre De ...
Read more : 6th Annual SP Summer Gathering in the Mighty San Juans | Views : 19496 | Replies : 102 | Forum : Colorado

easy trad partner eldo / flatirons

hey guys,

i'm on spring break this upcoming week and looking to get back into trad. looking for partners for monday,tuesday,wednesday,thursday, and/or, friday.

i'd be leading 5.2-5.7 and be happy following 5.8.

send email or pm.

chase
Read more : easy trad partner eldo / flatirons | Views : 1737 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

currahee

So what's up with Currahee? the past 2 weekends in a row I've tried to go up there. The first time they were doing a controlled burn, the second time the gate was shut...what the hell? does anyone know how to check this before I waste time driving up there?

Normally I wouldn't care and would just go climb elsewhere, but this is the closest location from Athens, Ga (1 hour).
Just checking....
Read more : currahee | Views : 487 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Naming a peak

Does anyone know how to get a peak officially named. There is a fabulous spire adjacent to Raymond peak that is only named with its elevation. Of course this would start a new thread on what to call it but there must be some old relic /legend climber left to honor it. Doug Robinson sort of lives in the area.
Read more : Naming a peak | Views : 2554 | Replies : 23 | Forum : California

winter on the grand...

Hi i am looking to do a route on the Grand next week some time... Any suggestions...
if anyone has done anything up there lately id love to hear, that would be a big help to me... I guess that the Owen/spaulding might be the best. Or any beta on the Exum in winter would be sweet...
Also my climbing partner is a little flaky so if anyone is interested drop me a mail..
cheers
Read more : winter on the grand... | Views : 1367 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Flowers of the Sierra Nevada

Spring is just around the corner and flowers will soon begin to bloom in the Sierra. Please keep the Flowers of the Sierra Nevada album in mind while you are out exploring the Sierra.

The album already contains some magnificant photos but there are hundreds of flower species missing. I'm hoping the album will develop into a more comprehensive reference library for Sierra flowers. In the future, if you see a flower and are not ...
Read more : Flowers of the Sierra Nevada | Views : 7152 | Replies : 12 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558062 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136659