It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:33 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Mansfield - Hell Brook Winter

I'm wondering about heading up to Mansfield this winter. I'm planning to snowshoe to the base of the Hell Brook Trail then ascend from there. I'm guessing crampons and an ice axe will be necessary but if you have any gear recc. that would be great. Anyone know about the Red Tape in the winter?

And if anyone is interested in coming, send me a PM.

patb
Read more : Mansfield - Hell Brook Winter | Views : 2787 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Easy ADK peak for early June - ideas, please!

I'm going to be taking the wife and baby to Lake Placid for a week in early June. She's not a big climber, but likes to be outside, so we're planning on a hike, a night camping out, and a peak.

I'll have the 18 month old in a backpack, so 2nd class hiking only. Being able to do it at a leisurely pace with only one night out would be ideal.

Marcy is the ...

LA Metro Question

We're going to J-Tree in April and flying into LAX. We're taking the Green/Blue rail line to Long Beach during the day. Is the Metro safe for tourists? The Blue line goes through Compton so I was wondering if it was safe for Okie tourists. Thanks.

AE
Read more : LA Metro Question | Views : 1244 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

road to baldy

Anyone know the conditions of the road to manker flats? Could a light 4wd make it up, or a 2wd with chains?

Does snow go all the way down to the trailhead?

I'm thinking of heading up there tomorrow.

Anyone else heading up?
Read more : road to baldy | Views : 1749 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Mt Morrison

Has anyone skied Morrison's East Face in February?
Read more : Mt Morrison | Views : 2123 | Replies : 9 | Forum : California

found 2 way radio's at St. Mary's Glacier

Found 2 walkie talkies this morning plowing the lot. The CMC had 2 different groups up yesterday, and I have a call into the trip leader for the HAMS group. I have the units, undamaged.
Read more : found 2 way radio's at St. Mary's Glacier | Views : 1096 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

looking for partner(s) for Ouray next tue/wed

I am currently climbing in Ouray. One partner leaves tue morning (super early), other one doesn't come until wed night. Is anyone interested in ice climbing on tue and/or wed?
I have all the gear and can lead 4/5.
If interested, please email me or PM me thru SP. If need be, you can sleep in my cabin tue night.

Alternatively, anyone interested in skiing Telluride those days?

Thanks.
Read more : looking for partner(s) for Ouray next tue/wed | Views : 1068 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Anything to do tomorrow?

Anyone have any ideas for stuff to do in the san diego area tomorrow? Anyone wanna do anything, or have any ideas of stuff to do? I was going to go snowboarding this weekend but the roads were closed, so i need suggestions! You guys rock!

-CS
Read more : Anything to do tomorrow? | Views : 997 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Shasta

Me and my friend are thinking about (eventually) doing shasta, in a year or two. I was wondering what is the best time to go for a fun snow climb? Im thinking either avy gulch, or Casaval ridge both look like lots of fun (in the not fun sort of way). Im thinking either april or may? Of course i will have an avy course be then, and we are both proficiant in self arrest ...
Read more : Shasta | Views : 1717 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Yosemite Climb Suggestions

It looks like I will have 1 or 2 days to climb in Yosemite this summer and I'm so excited. But there are so many climbs to look through so I knew you guys would have some good ideas.

I'll be climbing with someone who will be less experienced so nothing harder than 5.8 I think. I'd like a few that are 2-4 pitches but maybe another few that are slightly longer like 5-7 pitches. ...
Read more : Yosemite Climb Suggestions | Views : 4371 | Replies : 19 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574