It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 7:36 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Hwy 24

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good, up-to-date website showing road conditions on the raod between Colorado Springs and the west side of Pike's Peak (Hwy 24). Also how can I check conditions on the 67 to the Crags TH (Co. rd 62 too)?

Thanks
Read more : Hwy 24 | Views : 1702 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Colorado

Die, Angeles Crest Highway, Die!

I dunno; I like that road and it would be fine if they would've taken proper measures in the past. Doing controlled burns would not have caused the inferno we had in the fall and would not have caused the landslides we have now. It also would not have caused the owner of Newcombs wanting to close shop because the road is always closed... I feel for the guy; they gave him 1.5h notice that ...
Read more : Die, Angeles Crest Highway, Die! | Views : 18553 | Replies : 80 | Forum : California

Trans-Sierra Ski Tour

I'm in the planning phase for a Trans-Sierra Ski about 6 weeks out and am looking at a route I haven't been able to find much information on. Going West to East I'm hoping to start at Edison Lake (via snowmobile access) and ski the Mono Creek Trail over to Mono Pass. We'll drop down into Rock Creek Canyon from Mono Pass where we'll meet our wives at the Rock Creek Lodge. Hopefully if we ...
Read more : Trans-Sierra Ski Tour | Views : 9376 | Replies : 10 | Forum : California

Redpoint Supply Smith Rock robbed

This is a message I picked up in a forum on CascadeClimbers.com

Hey everyone,

I'm letting everyone know this, just in case someone runs into someone that's selling gear that just doesn't sound right.

Last night my shop was broken into, and everything was taken and I really do mean everything. I haven't done an actually inventory yet. But ballpark, 50 draws, 100 carabiners, 14 ropes, 4 sets of cams, 5 sets of nuts, 10 ...
Read more : Redpoint Supply Smith Rock robbed | Views : 3490 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Gold Camp Road conditions?

Has anyone been up Gold Camp Road from Colorado Springs toward Cripple Creek lately? Any idea how the road looks?
Read more : Gold Camp Road conditions? | Views : 2744 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

Have a personal page of climbs?

Let me know! I'm compiling lists of websites for Colorado climbers - to be included on my website. If you currently write reports / routes / etc of your climbs - send your website to me via PM and I'll include it on my site (not online yet).

Thanks!
Read more : Have a personal page of climbs? | Views : 837 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Best Backpacking in New Mexico?

I spent four years going to school in Dallas and I took every opportunity I could to go to New Mexico (or further, if possible). I made many trips into the backcountry. My personal favorite was the West Fork of the Gila River, in the Gila Wilderness. What are some of y'alls favorite trips/destinations in New Mexico?
Read more : Best Backpacking in New Mexico? | Views : 44688 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Lost Creek Wilderness snow conditions

I didn't feel like making a full trip report but thought I would share some info. I went to Lost Creek Wilderness, started at the Twin Eagles parking lot (Tarryall area) and hiked up to Hankins Pass and then up to Lake Park. I needed snowshoes for less than a mile of the 3-4 miles that I covered. You could struggle through without snowshoes, but they did come in handy.
Read more : Lost Creek Wilderness snow conditions | Views : 1464 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

Chapel Pond Slab conditions?

Anyone been up recently? With the Catskills and the Gap getting rained on, I am thinking of heading to the daks tonight to get some ice tomorrow.

Any other nice single-day routes in the high peaks I should consider if CPS is a bust because of damming or such? Trails are OK, but I have more fun when the ropes are out.
Read more : Chapel Pond Slab conditions? | Views : 1029 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Something wicked this way comes!

Better batten down the hatches. During the next week the Sierra's will be hit with up to 10 ft. of snow. TWC also says that the SF bay area will get hit with very heavy rains~ up to 15in. Time to get the shovels out. :shock: Then, a few days after it all stops... time to get out the AT gear..........Woo Hoo! ...
Read more : Something wicked this way comes! | Views : 20339 | Replies : 154 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574