It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 11:27 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

One Peak in the Catskills?

I have time to hike/scramble one peak in the Catskills this upcoming Monday. It will be my first trip to the Catskills. I am looking for peak recommendations. Which peaks and which routes are your favorites? Up to class 3 is okay, but I won't have crampons or ice axe. Up to 10 miles RT is okay. Thanks!
Read more : One Peak in the Catskills? | Views : 2327 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Lone Pine Peak Conditions

Does anyone know the conditions on either the SF of LPP or the N or NE ridges? Anyone been up there lately? Anyone interested in going this weekend?
Read more : Lone Pine Peak Conditions | Views : 2273 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Wilderness EMT course

Can anyone recommend a one-day wilderness emergency medical training course in SoCal?
Read more : Wilderness EMT course | Views : 10957 | Replies : 21 | Forum : California

Nice looking moderate mixed route near Mt. Evans

The Road: WI3 M4. Fairly easy to reach. Seems like it should come in after big snow dumps in the fall.

http://coloradomountainjournal.com/?p=67
Read more : Nice looking moderate mixed route near Mt. Evans | Views : 2028 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Colorado

Mount Charleston Ice????

Any word on if the ice near Mt. Charleston (NV) is in climbable condition?
Read more : Mount Charleston Ice???? | Views : 2689 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

What a difference a year makes...

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/ ... recast.php
Highs in the 40's!
A year ago (11/19 to be exact) I was in Huntington Ravine when it was -6 with 50mph winds.
Crazy!

Eastern Sierra Ice conditions

A couple of us went and climbed Parker Canyon ice last weekend. The approach was pretty bad. Main trail hidden under ankle breaking 4 inches of snow over loose scree.

Other than the crappy approach, the Ice was in awesome condition. Very fat. The right part of the falls had lots of running water during the later part of the day, despite sub freezing temps.
Read more : Eastern Sierra Ice conditions | Views : 6347 | Replies : 13 | Forum : California

Any fisherman out there?

I am looking for suggestions on places to camps/fly fish as I journey from Shasta up to Hood this May. Never been to Oregon, but I'd like to catch some trout or salmon since I built in a few days to enjoy the scenery on the way up. Right now, I'm looking at the rogue. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Matt
Read more : Any fisherman out there? | Views : 1304 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Unusual ski tours

With this series of season-opener storms on the way, my mind has been fixated on snow and making plans for the winter. I plan on spending most of my time in Tahoe and other Sierra locales, but I've also been thinking of ski tours in unlikely locations elsewhere in California. The type of place that rarely gets snow but could hold it for a few days at least if conditions were right, and has a ...
Read more : Unusual ski tours | Views : 5242 | Replies : 12 | Forum : California

Easy slot canyons in Zion area for this Thanksgivings?

Hello,

My wife and me (we are from Boston) will spend 4 full days in Zion area - hiking/backpaking. I've heard about slot canyons and would like to explore one of those wonders of the world. I don't want to do any that may require wet suits but we should be OK with some easy semi-technical terrain and basic rope work. Ideally something just a little bit technical and mostly dry that would still need ...
Read more : Easy slot canyons in Zion area for this Thanksgivings? | Views : 3388 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Utah

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136577