It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Bend, Redmond and Prinville Areas...anyone know the areas?

I apologize if this is on the wrong forum....and if it needs to be moved please do so.

We may be relocating to the Bend/Redmond/Prineville areas of OR. I have been researching it and trying to get as much info on what the area would be like to live there.

We never ever thought we would maybe live in Oregon....but it may happen. Is it true if you live on the East side of the ...

Northern NJ Charity Adventure Triathlon

I am working on coordinating a triathlon for the spring of 2010. It will be a 5K trail run, 5K kayak and a 10K mountain bike.

The date is not set yet but I am trying to get an idea of interest in an event like this. It will be held in Kittatinny State Park in Sussex County NJ and will be the first of it's kind in the area.

All proceeds and business donations ...

Vincent Gap?

Is Vincent Gap open from the east? The SP page for Baden-Powell says that it's closed as of September 30, 2009. It also said that the gap was 5.5 miles west of Big Pine. This page says the ACH is open to 6.5 miles west of Big Pine: http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi

Anyone been up there recently?
Read more : Vincent Gap? | Views : 1139 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Excellent book on Sierra climbing

Stumbled across Early Days in the Range of Light at the bookstore. A terrific read. Can't recommend it highly enough. Anyone else read it?
Read more : Excellent book on Sierra climbing | Views : 1612 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

New winter regs in Baxter

Look carefully, no more minimum group size and solo climbing is now permitted,(with a form of course).
http://www.baxterstateparkauthority.com/camping/win_procedures.html
Read more : New winter regs in Baxter | Views : 3117 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

What’s your “go to” J-tree route?

With the Josh season getting under way, do you have a fav J-tree route that keeps calling your name particularly at the end of the day when it gets hard to think of which last route to do :?:
I love doing RML at Echo Cove. It's the only route I've ever done that requires a "kip" to get over the lip, really fun!
Plus the chain ...
Read more : What’s your “go to” J-tree route? | Views : 2338 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Franklin Mountains, El Paso, TX: Security?

Hopefully I'll hear from some El Paso locals or others familiar with the area...

In a few weeks, the opportunity will present itself for me to have most of one day free to dayhike in the El Paso area. Not surprisingly, as I'm posting this on SP, the Franklin Mountains are of particular interest.

Now, I've previously visited both El Paso and Juarez and I've got to confess, compared to Colorado Springs (where a bar ...
Read more : Franklin Mountains, El Paso, TX: Security? | Views : 5481 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

North Peak Next Monday (11/16)?

Anyone interested in trying one of the couloirs on North Peak next Monday? The pics in the Lundy Canyon thread look pretty good. Send me a PM if interested.
Read more : North Peak Next Monday (11/16)? | Views : 2401 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Agua-Tibia Wilderness - Eagle Crag

Has anyone been up in this area recently? I tried to find the Cutca Valley TH last year but ended up turning back......after going through/around the Rancho California RV Resort all the signs I saw said do not enter. Does anyone have detailed directions to the TH? I may try again this weekend.
Read more : Agua-Tibia Wilderness - Eagle Crag | Views : 916 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420