It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Torngats in Winter

Any recorded forays into the range in Winter? Can't find much at all regarding this beautiful range in northern Quebec.

Planning on a lovely sufferfest in late February/early March for the adventure. Can't seem to find anything about people actually climbing around in the range during the winter months.
Read more : Torngats in Winter | Views : 1751 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Mount Lady Washington conditions update. Photos added.

Has anybody been in the area recently? Wondering whether snowshoes are needed for the hike we plan on Saturday. I presume we would not need crampons/ice axes for the hike up the east side.
How is the trail to Chasm Lake looking currently? I understand there is not enough snow on the of south side of MLW to be concerned about avalanch danger.
I will really appreciate any comments. I have never been in the ...
Read more : Mount Lady Washington conditions update. Photos added. | Views : 2862 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Colorado

Snow Conditions in Late November in Wyoming

Are snow conditions stable enough in late November in Teton/Yellowstome/Windriver areas for snow couloir and general snow climbing? I am thinking about going up there from Houston during the thanksgiving week. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.
Read more : Snow Conditions in Late November in Wyoming | Views : 1800 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

latest on Elbert East Ridge trail?

Me and my friend are going to hike east ridge of mount Elbert this Saturday and I’d like to do a last minute check.

I posted here before and some members of SP were very helpful. Special thanks to Martha P for providing a lot of information and offering 2 pair of snow shoes!

Colorado got a lot of snow last week but it appears that Mount Elbert region was somewhat spared and it got ...
Read more : latest on Elbert East Ridge trail? | Views : 1898 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Hell Brook Trail - Mount Mansfield

Hi,

I plan to organize a hike on Mount Mansfield and take the hell brook trail. I read that this is the shortest and steepest but also most technically difficult route to the summit. Do you know what the difficulties are? What type of climbing is it?

Thanks

What peak is this?

From the summit of Mt. Baldy in southern California, the snowy Sierras can be seen far to the north, as in this picture:

There are two clusters of snowy peaks in the distance. I assume that the peaks on the right are the Whitney/Langley group. But what is that snowy peak on the left (which is actually in the top center of the photo)?
Read more : What peak is this? | Views : 14731 | Replies : 55 | Forum : California

Relocating to Asheville area

I moved to the NC coast from New England, have enjoyed the ocean for a few years now and am ready to get back to the mountains. I will need to be close to water so that I can go boating frequently so I have looked at the area around Lake James, but am still considering moving to the city of Asheville. I plan on doing a lot of hiking and some rock climbing. Any ...
Read more : Relocating to Asheville area | Views : 3767 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Hiker missing near Granite Falls

GRANITE FALLS, Wash. – A 59-year-old Seattle man who left Oct. 27 on a camping and hiking trip near the Mountain Loop Highway has not returned.

He was expected back Monday.

His car was located near French Creek Trail, about 41 miles east of Arlington in a heavily wooded, remote area.

A search was launched Tuesday morning.

Story.
Read more : Hiker missing near Granite Falls | Views : 3241 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

(Relatively) Snow Free Peaks in March

I might be heading down to Vegas in March for a buddy's bachelor party, and I figure I might as well try to knock out some peaks along the way in the area. I assume most of the Great Basin peaks in NV and CA are still snowed over, but how are conditions usually that time of year in Southern AZ and NM (ie Graham, Wrightson, Chiricahua, Miller, Lemmon, Big Hatchet, Organ, etc)?

Thanks
Read more : (Relatively) Snow Free Peaks in March | Views : 5866 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420