It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Wild Horses in Boundary Wilderness?!

Me and my partner were doing Boundary Peak (NV) earlier this summer and we came across a group of what we believed wild horses in the Boundary Peak Wilderness. It was at the upper end of the meadow you hike through at the beginnig of the Trail Canyon Route. It was group of 6 or 7 horses with one stallion, a foal and another pregnant horse. Unfortunately, my pictures came out blurry so I can't ...
Read more : Wild Horses in Boundary Wilderness?! | Views : 6111 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Horseshoe Meadows Road Open Still?

Has anyone been up to Horseshoe Meadows recently? If so, is the road open still?
Read more : Horseshoe Meadows Road Open Still? | Views : 3673 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Climbing Nov 5th-8th

I'm taking 4 days off and my normal partner flaked on me.

Looking to climb either some easy trad in Yosemite valley (weather permitting), or (preferably) an Alpine route as far north as Shasta, but willing to go to east side of Sierra as well.

Hit me up if anyone is looking for an experience alpine climber or rock climbing partner this weekend....
Read more : Climbing Nov 5th-8th | Views : 839 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Mount Rogers, VA Trailhead video

I am guessing everyone runs into it, but fog just plain sucks! This is my 8th highpoint climbed, and "view" at the start was pretty lame. If you watch the video, it covers:

Me complaining about fog
Reminder on what we are doing
View of the trailhead
Me complaining about fog
Some random trivia, and...
Me complaining about fog

http://summitupusa.blogspot.com/2009/11 ... ogers.html

-Mark
Read more : Mount Rogers, VA Trailhead video | Views : 2000 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

where does a poor iowa guy go to climb ice?

so now that i find myself living in Mason City, IA....

...where do you go to climb ice in these here parts?
Read more : where does a poor iowa guy go to climb ice? | Views : 6531 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

early ice near ft collins?

gonna be in the Ft Collins area for the week of Thanksgiving, and wondering if there is any early ice near there. got me some new used tools and can't wait to get them puppers on some ice!!!
Read more : early ice near ft collins? | Views : 1591 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Colorado

Learning Ice?

Hey all, I have a quick question for those of you who are experienced ice climbers. I've been fascinated by climbing for almost a year now, but since I live in KS, go to KSU and have an intense major I haven't had the opportunity to really get out and do much in the way of actual climbing. Went to Ouray this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it, but didn't get to really do much hiking ...
Read more : Learning Ice? | Views : 3879 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Colorado

Weather & Climbing Conditions for Lake Peak, Santa Fe NF

Hello,

I am planning to climb Lake Peak, in the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range, during Thanksviging weekend. Have any of you folks climbed this peak during this time before? I was wondering how the weather will be up there as well as the amount of snow that I could come across? Also, is the trail relatively easy to follow? Is a topo map needed?

I can't wait to go out there. I never knew ...

Clinton Gulch Avalanche

Heard something about an avy near Climax mine today, SCRG responding, anyone have any info on this?
Read more : Clinton Gulch Avalanche | Views : 1142 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420