It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:37 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Climing Presentation 10/28 in Denver

Conrad Anker and Jimmy Chin are presenting their Meru climb at the Oriental Theater in Denver tonight. Cheers!
Read more : Climing Presentation 10/28 in Denver | Views : 673 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

What's up with the air?

Anybody in the Los Angeles area check out the dust storm going on today? Man, I went outside for a walk to enjoy the fresh autumn breeze, and instead I look up and see this:

It was like you could actually see this "layer" of air moving low to the ground. I read somewhere this was going on all over California as winds had picked up.

Couldn't help but wonder if all the ...
Read more : What's up with the air? | Views : 2207 | Replies : 11 | Forum : California

U-Notch/V-Notch info?

A friend and I were hoping to get up there sometime next week. Any info on route or trail conditions?
Read more : U-Notch/V-Notch info? | Views : 3311 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Huntington

We're looking to plan a trip to Mt. Huntington (most likely) for this coming Spring. I'm done with work April 18-19. And may have to go back to work as soon as May 13, I'll know in March. Any thoughts? Anyone have any beta for the SE Spur? Any skiing beta for the area?
Read more : Huntington | Views : 1519 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Schwaub Peak Info?

Trying to line up some desert peaks for the winter. Anyone here hike it? Not finding a lot of info through Google and it doesn't have a page here.

Was wondering if there might be a use trail. Otherwise info on the best route would be nice. Looks like starting from Echo Canyon is the only reasonable option. Would it be better to head all the way back to the Inyo Mine area or leave ...
Read more : Schwaub Peak Info? | Views : 1570 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Sudden vacation suggestions

So due to some changing circumstances I'm looking at taking advantage of some free time my girlfriend finally has, and getting out, and maybe even out of California for a bit.

She'd like to see some of the desert west, Is it still warm in parts of Southern AZ in November? We'd mostly be camping, hiking, and travelling with the new dog on this trip, so I was a bit concerend about it being cold ...
Read more : Sudden vacation suggestions | Views : 2200 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

ridgeline between Emigration and Red Butte canyons near SLC

I'm interested in running the length of this ridge, either as an out-and-back from one end, or with a bike shuttle. Yesterday I ran the one between Emigration and Parleys, and I had a blast overall, but the bushwhacking near Perkins Peak made running impossible and wasn't super comfortable in running shorts. Looking at the Emigration/Red Butte one on Google Earth, it appears to be a very developed trail for the western half, but hard ...
Read more : ridgeline between Emigration and Red Butte canyons near SLC | Views : 2851 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Utah

Decent Climbing In NE Texas

So, I'm here on business in Texas but I have some spare time on the weekend to get out and climb. Deb is also coming out on the 3rd of Nov. and hope to get in some Texas climbing. I'm trying to keep the traveling to a moderate level (ie no more than 2 hours from Fort Worth). Any quality crags or area worth climbing at? Is Lake Mineral Wells State Park worth a trip? ...
Read more : Decent Climbing In NE Texas | Views : 5299 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Whitney in late November

Hi all, here is some another beginner question being shot at ya. I hear night temperatures may go in the negatives at Iceberg Lake during the Winter. Is there anyone here that has done a similar trip that can advise what to bring? I have MH subzero parka, and fleece polyester pants from REI. Will I need more protection from the cold?
Read more : Whitney in late November | Views : 890 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557988 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136496