It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 6:26 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Elbert in early November

Hi!

I was wondering if someone can help me out with some info.

Does mount Elbert get a lot of snow in early November? Are snow shoes a must at that time of year?

Also the 4WD part of the road that leads to the south route - when does it close for winter? Is it still open?

Thanks!
Read more : Elbert in early November | Views : 2625 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Colorado

Road to Whitney Portal

Thanks in advance - When does the Whitney Portal road typically close for the season? When closed, is the best place to park down at Lone Pine campground? Thanks.
Read more : Road to Whitney Portal | Views : 2137 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Any Camping Near Celo Knob / Horse Rock?

I'm heading up Bowlens Creek this weekend (maybe) and I want to camp near Celo. Anybody remember any campsites near there? I will not be going to Deep Gap, even if I have to camp on the summit.

Pizza and Beer in the Mountaineering Center, Golden, Oct.26

After you've spent the weekend at the AMC for Mountainfilm, come hang out on Monday the 26th for two other things:

Pizza from 5-6:30 in the library. We give you pizza, you give us your brains to pick about making the library even better. Give me a heads up that you're coming so I know how much pizza to order! 303-384-0112.

Beer at 7 in the AMC's auditorium: The American Alpine Club (AAC) Library and ...
Read more : Pizza and Beer in the Mountaineering Center, Golden, Oct.26 | Views : 1250 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Colorado

Search and Rescue Garfield County

I have been following this thread on 14'ers and I have linked it here. This takes the term"ass hole" to a much higher level.

"Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario has recently changed the application requirements for active and future volunteers for the organization. The 39-page application for new volunteers asks personal questions in regard to financial history, loan balances of any kind including a home mortgage, complete medical history, drug screen and history, and driving ...
Read more : Search and Rescue Garfield County | Views : 4728 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Colorado

climbing partners in RR's,NV around 30 and 31.

I'm looking at climbing in Red Rocks,NV area around October 30-31. I'm in need to get out of Utah for the weekend. Anyone interested in hooking up the weekend for some trad climbing or sport as well. I have desert rack and rope, climbing around 5.6 - 5.9 leading. I sure can clean above that as well.

Cheers
Mike
Read more : climbing partners in RR's,NV around 30 and 31. | Views : 2164 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

President - Yoho Peaks

Looking for a little beta on the President and Vice President for my first Canadian climb.

1. What is the best time to catch the President glacier in good shape? Right now, I'm thinking mid July. I've read that the bergshrund can get impassable. Maybe there is a way around it?

2. In the pic below, anyone know anything about the couloirs to the east of the president glacier?

Thanks for any help!

Scott

Linked ...
Read more : President - Yoho Peaks | Views : 3715 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Adventurefilm Festival in Boulder Nov 12-14

Skiing, Mt. Biking, Enviro, Kayaking, Climbing Films and more........... Nov 12-14th 2009
The Adventure Film Festival in Boulder is an international forum for the best and most inspiring independent films of the year. The over 30 films featured in the Festival encompass all aspects of adventure from serious exploration and environmental heroism to gripping tales from the edge of the believable. With award winning films from around the globe‚ adventure art and powerful speakers‚ the ...
Read more : Adventurefilm Festival in Boulder Nov 12-14 | Views : 989 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

14'r Link-Up Trip Report....

Did you guys read this trip report from the SP Home page?

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/5 ... nk-up.html

Dude... WOW!

Gusto
Read more : 14'r Link-Up Trip Report.... | Views : 3417 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Angeles Crest Hwy Question...

Anyone know if Angeles Crest Highway (out of La Canada) is open to bikes?

Anyone been up there after the rain we had last week?

I was thinking it would be pretty cool to take a little road/mountain bike trip up there considering the road is closed to cars.

Thanks,

Gusto
Read more : Angeles Crest Hwy Question... | Views : 3698 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574