It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:12 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

San Bernardino Mountains 22-23 September

What would the community sudgest for the first time trekking experience in the US to a... :) Russian ski/moutaineer having 1-2 days free in California? I will be on business nearby LA for a week and thought should not loose a chance to experience moutnains that are half a planet away.
Mount Baldy? - any other option? forest fires? permits?
Any instructions, links, considerations that might help ...
Read more : San Bernardino Mountains 22-23 September | Views : 4803 | Replies : 27 | Forum : California

Decent winter route on the Grand

Hello, I´m a foreigner living in CO, and I looking forward to escape to the Tetons this winter. Still unfamiliarized with the routes and before I buy several books... can anyone recommend a decent winter route with exciting technical challenges?
Thanksyou.
Read more : Decent winter route on the Grand | Views : 3845 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Best Tahoe Backcountry Touring: Ya Heard?

No major criteria, 'cept that the approach must be more than 2 hours. (yet close enough that I'd want to bring 6 Bigfoots or something with me).
Read more : Best Tahoe Backcountry Touring: Ya Heard? | Views : 6396 | Replies : 15 | Forum : California

Palisades Traverse 9/6

On Sunday morning 9/6 I met 7 people, in three groups, on the summit of Thunderbolt, who were attempting the traverse to Mt. Sill. They left Thunderbolt between 9:30 and 10:30, which I thought might be a little late. Has anyone seen a TR or have any information on their success??

I have some pix of a Canadian, living in LA, named John.
Read more : Palisades Traverse 9/6 | Views : 4003 | Replies : 8 | Forum : California

ADK high peaks

Hey everyone,
I am just wondering how the trail conditions are over there as of now. I plan on attempting to do all 46 in a week this upcomming month. I am not going for any records or anything, just a personal challenge that i thought would be cool. Any information about the current trail conditions and what not would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Read more : ADK high peaks | Views : 4688 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Does anyone have any info on the East Face of Pigeon Peak?

If anyone has any information on the east face of Pigeon Peak I would love to hear from you at nmharnish@fortlewis.edu
Read more : Does anyone have any info on the East Face of Pigeon Peak? | Views : 2196 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Bugaboo Spire

Anyone now the current conditions on this mountain. I would like to go in this weekend, the weather looks ok.
Thank you.
Read more : Bugaboo Spire | Views : 2608 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Jeff Davis from Wheeler Peak?

I read about the Wheeler Peak traverse to Jeff Davis Peak. Seems to be mostly a class 2 scramble. How much mileage does it add RT from Wheeler Peak? Approximate time needed? Might as well catch two birds with one stone, right :D
Read more : Jeff Davis from Wheeler Peak? | Views : 8379 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Guides on Rainier

Does anybody have any guide recommendations? Has anyone ever climbed Rainier with Alpine Ascents. I would like to go with them if they are highly recommended since they leave out of Seattle. I have family in Seattle so this would save me the cost of a hotel and rental car. Let me know! Thanks!
Read more : Guides on Rainier | Views : 7776 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558234 • Total topics 55857 • Total members 137288