It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:38 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

From a former Zuri resident

Schaechtentaller Windgallen is good so long as you can downclimb some tricky spots and the chute is not too tricky.

Other worthy objectives in the neighborhood:

Toedi/Piz Ruessein - Need to go down to Andermatt then on the road west to start the walk-in at Trun. Probably advisable to overnight at the Camona da Punteglias Hut instead of blasting on. Big crevasses but since you are going in Sept, the glacier will be dry

Glaernisch ...
Read more : From a former Zuri resident | Views : 545 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

penalties for climbing without a permit

Anyone know what the penalties are for climbing K-2 or Everest without a permit? Also, have there been any cases where either the Chinese, Nepalese or Pakistani gov't has prosecuted someone for it? It occurs to me that with fees in the thousands of dollars, financially at least its equal to grand theft. Any info would be helpful, as I'm at work and losing my mind with boredom!
Read more : penalties for climbing without a permit | Views : 1597 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

Help! Volcanoes on Papua New Guinea?

I'm working on the Volcanic Seven Summits List.

Does anyone have any information about high volcanoes on Papua New Guinea?
Read more : Help! Volcanoes on Papua New Guinea? | Views : 3503 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

winterrraum

hi

can you helpme nthe next question,
Heinrich-Schwaiger-Haus winterraum's is opened this time or need a key to open
(AV key)
Read more : winterrraum | Views : 613 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Ski station project proposal in the Cordillera Cantábrica

The building of a ski station/resort on the San Glorio pass in the Cordillera Cantábrica was first proposed in 2003. It would not only ruin an area very popular with mountaineers, especially in winter, but is threatening the survival of the brown bears of the Iberian peninsular and the whole eco-system in general. Opposition is still ongoing, with environmental impact reports being prepared and signatures against the project being taken by the Plataforma en Defensa ...
Read more : Ski station project proposal in the Cordillera Cantábrica | Views : 873 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Pyrenees next week- avalanche reports

Hi all,

I'm going to the Pyrenees next saturday for a week with a couple of mates. Our aims are Posets and Aneto and hopefully another peak as well. I'm looking for weather and avalanche reports for that area, can anyone provide me with a link?

Cheers,

Carl.
Read more : Pyrenees next week- avalanche reports | Views : 2837 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Europe

Ama Dablam spring conditions

Hello,

We are on our way to Nepal in a week or so and was curious if anyone had any idea what the conditions on the regular route on Ama Dablam will be like? I have seen tons of reports for the post monsoon season but none on the pre monsoon season. I am hoping that means there will not be that many people on the mountain. How different will the conditions be from those ...
Read more : Ama Dablam spring conditions | Views : 1158 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Spring Festival in Hindukush, Pakistan

Salut Mes Amis,

The famous spring festival of Kalash community of Chitral (Hindukush), will be from the 11th to 14th of May in the valleys of Romboor, Bamborate and Birir.
It's marked with milk, flowers and colorful dances by the young Kalash girls and boys and one of the most famous and colorful event in the remote corners of Hindukush round a year.

I wish you all the luck,

Imran Schah
Read more : Spring Festival in Hindukush, Pakistan | Views : 1154 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Attack/Robbery on Orizaba

I don't have all the details yet and some of these might not be 100% accurate (heard it from a friend who is a friend of the principals)...

On Sunday(?) two climbers (a husband and wife) from Littleton were attacked, shot with a shotgun, and robbed of all their gear and other possessions at their high camp on Orizaba.

The good news is that by playing dead, they survived and are recovering while still in ...
Read more : Attack/Robbery on Orizaba | Views : 2144 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Koskulak: climbing partners wanted

Hi, we have a small group to Koskulak in this July.
Please join us to share the climbing permit and other cost if you are just individuals or a few persons.
Email:climbing@126.com
http: www.muztaghata.com
Read more : Koskulak: climbing partners wanted | Views : 1054 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557999 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136525