It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:27 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

BOLTING ETHICS...WHO MAKES THE CALL?

OK FOLKS...the FIRE has been lit, AGAIN!!!! To bolt or not to bolt (this includes any FIXED PRO...not slings)? That is the question! When, Where and Who has the authority to determine the validity of bolting and WHY??? The issue has been HOT since who knows when. But....
Read more : BOLTING ETHICS...WHO MAKES THE CALL? | Views : 465 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Zir Peak in Croatia

Has anybody climbed this? I've heard there is a cave at the top. I am interested in climbing it next time I visit Croatia and I would like to get some more information on it's routes and difficulty level. Thanks!
Read more : Zir Peak in Croatia | Views : 1504 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Caribbean Peaks Page

Joint effort. Page now complete. Feel free to comment.

http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/170902/Caribbean-Island-Peaks.html
Read more : Caribbean Peaks Page | Views : 1702 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Caucasus - camp bezengi

I and a friend are going to the bezengi area this summer. We want to stay there for more then 30 days, but that’s a problem if you don’t get an invitation from a private person. I’ve tried to contact camp bezengi about invitation and transport, both on e-mail and telephone – but I get no response. Does anyone know how to get in contact with camp bezengi? Ore do you know other ways to ...
Read more : Caucasus - camp bezengi | Views : 1217 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

The Mystery of Cambodia's Highest

Help required!

In November 2004 myself and a friend attempted to climb the jungle covered mountain of Phnom Aoral (highest mountain in Cambodia). It's pretty well off the beaten track and as neither of us spoke Khymer just locating the base of it was difficult. We hired some local guides and marched off on the 2 day ascent to the top.

Trusting the guides with navigation through the jungle (as you do) we reached the ...
Read more : The Mystery of Cambodia's Highest | Views : 2071 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Climbing / Bouldering near Cochabamba Bolivia

I will be in Cochabamba for three months and was wondering whether or not I should take my climbing shoes; I have not yet found any good resources on crags, etc.. in the area. Any info would be helpful..take care!
-Mikey
Read more : Climbing / Bouldering near Cochabamba Bolivia | Views : 1324 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Snowshoeing in Spring Snow

Advice and details about snowshoeing on Spring snow will be helpful here!

Going to the Harz Mountains in Germany, (large hills really), as I seem to have correctly guessed they would be the last parts of Germany with deep snow and sub zero temperatures this winter. And because there is a great narrow gauge steam railway there for me to ride on from time to time! Probably an avalanche free area as well: good for ...
Read more : Snowshoeing in Spring Snow | Views : 1365 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Foto Grande Sassière

Non c'è nessuno che ha da postare qualche immagine della Grande Sassière?

Grazie e ciao a tutti :roll:
Read more : Foto Grande Sassière | Views : 1322 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Looking for climbers in Zermatt, August 2006

I'll be in Zermatt for the two middle weeks in August, 2006. I do not want to do anything extremely hard but am up for just about any summit but I need a pertner or two.

Sorry to post this on the message board but I was'nt getting any responses on "Plans & Partners"
Read more : Looking for climbers in Zermatt, August 2006 | Views : 568 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Early summer conditions around Mayrhofen

Hello,
I am thinking of visiting Mayrhofen late May intending to walk at around 3000m, 15km a day approx. Is it highly likely to be impossible because of snow? I am not thinking of this year in particular, but any year. Where will the snow line be approximately?
Thankyou.
Read more : Early summer conditions around Mayrhofen | Views : 859 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558002 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136528