It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:02 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

weather on Mex. volcanoes

Hi,
It's no problem to climb Izta in April, just some posibility of bad weather (it is not a rain season still in Mexico), hot climate during the climbing. But Orizaba, the glacier is not in a very good conditions ( more icy each day) so in April it may be worst. If yu are a realy good in carmpoing bad ice, so you can go orizaba without problem. If not- think.
write me if ...
Read more : weather on Mex. volcanoes | Views : 1559 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Nepal in April

I get to Nepal on April 8th, and we were going to do some trekking and climbing. I found out yesterday my buddy is has to bail on the trip. This begs two questions. Is anyone else in the area and looking for a quick jaunt up a hill? Or does anyone think that Mera or Island could be easily soloed?
Read more : Nepal in April | Views : 1305 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Kang Yatze route info?

Looking for information on Kang Yatze (near Leh, India) routes. I couldn't find much on the internet.
I'm specifically interested in the NE Arete (or Buttress?).

In this picture, the NE Arete leading to the main summit (Kang Yatze I) is marked PD/AD, while the
NW Slope leading to Kang Yatze II is marked F (facile). On the other hand, Jamie Mcguiness says
the route to the main summit has been done unroped (see details ...
Read more : Kang Yatze route info? | Views : 1199 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Some about Aconcgua

I have seen the word "Calero" used for the high camp on the normal route. The correct name is Coléra, sometimes spelled Choléra (scary name :-) )

There may be new rules coming up for next year. A proposal from the government states that it wants to minimize the number of agencies in the park. Obviously it will only be five admitted into the park next season ...
Read more : Some about Aconcgua | Views : 1423 | Replies : 6 | Forum : South America

OROBIE ALPS REFUGES OPENING DATES

I have spent many an hour on the net trying to find exact opening dates for all huts in the Orobie.I got info from various sites including including the Italian alpne club but on going out to the Orobie last June found to my cost the info on the sites did not match the actual huts being open.I intend going again ON 18 June for 10 days.Can anyone help.
Thanks
Dave
Read more : OROBIE ALPS REFUGES OPENING DATES | Views : 849 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Peru, Cordillera Blanca, June 24-27

I'll be in the Huaraz area from approx. June 17-27 (leaving Lima on June 28 ). I'm traveling with two friends who are interested in trekking (we're heading first to Cusco/MP for about 8 or 9 days then to Huaraz) but not in climbing. So, they're leaving around June 24 and I will stay a bit longer to do some climbing. I have experience in rock climbing and ice climbing and very basic mountaineering, but ...
Read more : Peru, Cordillera Blanca, June 24-27 | Views : 2628 | Replies : 5 | Forum : South America

alpine route on great trango tower

hello,

I am looking for information about the alpine route (NW-face) of Great Trango Tower in Karakoram, Pakistan.

Any information, even pics are welcomed!

thanks

hans
Read more : alpine route on great trango tower | Views : 1660 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

Ixta/Orizaba Partners March 26-31

Hi, I'm planning on soloing Ixta and if that goes well, then Orizaba from March 26-31. However, I would really prefer to have a partner. Anyone interested? I'll be in Mexico City from March 20 and plan on doing Nevada del Toluca for acclimatization. I'm not super experienced, but I am comfortable with crampons, ice axe, and glacier travel.
Troy
Read more : Ixta/Orizaba Partners March 26-31 | Views : 2245 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Peru - Trekking

:?: I am considering doing the Ausangate trek in Peru. Can anyone recommend a reliable trekking operator? There will only be two of us and we are planning on going in mid-late June. (I am concerned that whoever we make reservations with will cancel at the last moment due to a larger group taking precedence.) Any recommendations, tips, or alternative route ideas would be appreciated.
Read more : Peru - Trekking | Views : 3939 | Replies : 8 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557959 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136429