It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:41 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Mont Blanc

Two of us intend to climb Mont Blanc this summer. One more experienced, What is the very easiest route and how do we access guides, places to stay etc? I fuond your help for Galhopiggen saved a lot of grief!
Read more : Mont Blanc | Views : 4970 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

Más vale tarde que nunca

Read more : Más vale tarde que nunca | Views : 604 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Best time for Mont Blanc range snow, ice and mixed routes?

A question to the SP alpine experts:

When is a good time of year to visit the Mont Blanc range to do snow, ice and mixed routes?

François Damilano’s latest Mont Blanc <i>snow, ice and mixed</i> guide book is quite inspirational and I’m thinking of basing myself in the Argentière and/or Talèfre basins for a week or two later this year to give of some of the many routes there a try.

It seems to ...
Read more : Best time for Mont Blanc range snow, ice and mixed routes? | Views : 4942 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Europe

climbing in spain?

hola locos!

i am looking for infos about the climbing areas north of barcellona...buscando info sobre los areales en el norte de barcelona...
heard a lot about montsant or siurana.
i wanna go there for two weeks in april. fly to barcelona & then travel to the area by bus. my climbing level is about maximum 6c/7a, after the winter propably more like 6a, because i am no friend of indoor climbing.
- can i ...
Read more : climbing in spain? | Views : 2419 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

Dinaric Alps

January 22nd, 2006. I have put up a new page <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/mountains/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/6373">DINARIC ALPS</a>, covering this mountain chain. That was just "the first edition of the page" and trying to be the most accurate and informative all chapters on the page are still open for discussion and change. If you want to post your suggestions, corrections, opinions, remarks - good or bad - or start a discussion concerning the content of the page, some parts of ...
Read more : Dinaric Alps | Views : 1309 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Pennine Alps page

Gabriele has set up a page about <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/6361">Pennine Alps</A> - a big amount of work! But some items there should be discussed:

1) the name: SP is an english site, so the page IMHO should have the name Pennine Alps, not Alpi Pennini - as we did elsewhere (e.g. "Venediger Group" instead of the german "Venedigergruppe")

2) the subgroups: I think there are too much too little subgroups. We already have the eight Summit ...
Read more : Pennine Alps page | Views : 1033 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Yet another Scottish windfarm threat

Yet another crazy highland mega-windfarm proposal in the pipeline. This one would spoil the views from Beinn Dearg, Fannichs, Wyvis. The non-industrialised landscape is being eaten away piece by piece; if we don't object to each and every inappropriate development proposal in turn then this simply will not stop. We need to say strong stuff to the relevant people, over and over again. And, in the longer term, seek to tighten up the planning laws ...
Read more : Yet another Scottish windfarm threat | Views : 812 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Haute Route - Hut Costs?

Some friends and I are going to ski in the Alps this spring and I was curious as to what a bed costs in the Swiss huts? I know that food and alcohol is a separate item but what is the cost per night for a bed?

Thanks!
Read more : Haute Route - Hut Costs? | Views : 3864 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

verdon gorge

hi, would like to do a weeks climbing in verdon gorge to improve my rock climbing skills in the beginning of may but need a partner. how do i find someone please.
Read more : verdon gorge | Views : 807 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Climbing in the Thalkirchen Kletterzentrum?

Hi, does anyone in Munich want to set up with me a schedule of morning climbing at the Kletterzentrum? I'd like to meet you there:

Tuesday: 7 - 9 am
Thursday: 7 - 9 am

If you are interested, send me a mail. I have a rope and draws.

I'm also looking for a partner for summertime climbs. I like (UIAA III - V+) long rock climbs in the mountains. I like moderate ice climbing, ...
Read more : Climbing in the Thalkirchen Kletterzentrum? | Views : 662 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558002 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136528