It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:43 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Climbing Matterhorn

Hi, me and a friend is planing to climb Matterhorn this summer and i have a couple of questions concerning that matter.
We are not well experienced climbing and mostly have only experience from longer cross country trips in lower altitude(2400m)
I am in general good shape, and my friend is in excelent shape. We know that it is not recomended to climb for beginners, but our heart is set on Matterhorn now.
What is ...
Read more : Climbing Matterhorn | Views : 15860 | Replies : 48 | Forum : Europe

Zuckerhütl

I have adopted <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/404">Zuckerhütl</a> and basic improvements are done!
Read more : Zuckerh&uuml;tl | Views : 1217 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Place to stay in Chamonix, anybody knew cheep one?

If somebody knows where to stay in Chamonix or near places in christmas - new year period, please give us an advise. we're going for climbing and looking for cheepest variant.
thnks.
Read more : Place to stay in Chamonix, anybody knew cheep one? | Views : 1660 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Did anyone climbed Dru after summer collapse?

Which routes are possible now on the west face?
thks
Read more : Did anyone climbed Dru after summer collapse? | Views : 987 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Vanis Couloir - Breithorn NF

Hello,
I was wondering if someone has climbed the vanis couloir to the east summit of the breithorn. It seems a beautiful, direct line to me, but is it really? I like to climb it next summer (and i have the skills and experience ;) ). The small biwak at the roccia nera seems a good starting point. However, i was wondering if the approach is still ...
Read more : Vanis Couloir - Breithorn NF | Views : 2296 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Alpin climbing in Chamonix area

How is the conditions normally in November/December? I’m thinking about the North faces and ice routs. Is it to early for winter climbing ?
Read more : Alpin climbing in Chamonix area | Views : 2111 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Trekking in Turkey (Aladaglar Mountains)

14 Days Trekking Holiday in Turkey for 430 Euros
Posted: Nov 30, 2005 7:16 AM Reply

Dates; 04.06.2006 - 17.06.2006

Highlights of the Trip
-Ihlara Valley, 14 km long canyon flooded by Melendiz River, once an important centre for Christianity.
-Anatolian Civilizations Museum, one of the best museums in Turkey, 1997 Best Museum of Europe Award.
-Salt Lake, the second biggest lake in Turkey, 64 % of requirements of country comes from.
-Derinkuyu Underground City; ...
Read more : Trekking in Turkey (Aladaglar Mountains) | Views : 2536 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

anyone from Ireland??

Hi all - I am from the US - but wife is from Swords Co Dublin - I go over once ot twice a year for a few weeks.

Looking to hook up with people (hiking/climbing whatever) for trips - backpacking, peakbagging, etc..

Don't think you get much ice there - but ice climbing as well if you do!

would love to hit some stuff in the reeks (only driven by them - what a ...
Read more : anyone from Ireland?? | Views : 1877 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

Eiger Climb

Can the Eiger be safely Climbed at the end of April, via the West Ridge?

Are there any major concerns to be considered?
Read more : Eiger Climb | Views : 1229 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Garmisch

I will be in Garmisch, Germany from Dec. 20-Jan.2. I am looking for anybody who will be there or the surrounding area that is looking for an ice climbing partner. If anybody is interested, please send me an email.
Read more : Garmisch | Views : 747 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558030 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136612