It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:58 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Partner wanted for Siula Grande

Looking for partner to set up a new route on the west face on Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes in 2006.
Read more : Partner wanted for Siula Grande | Views : 1508 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Chile Dec-Jan: seeking climbing partners

I've found myself once again with the time, funds and desire to do a trip to SAmerica. I will be arriving in Santiago on Dec 24th and leaving on Jan 17th; hoping to do some moderate altitude climbs in the Central Andes (or further away from the capital), but for the time being I don't have the most important for such an attempt: a partner!
Happy to hear from anyone going to Chile at the ...
Read more : Chile Dec-Jan: seeking climbing partners | Views : 2192 | Replies : 5 | Forum : South America

Chile or New Zealand climbing?

My wife are looking to go climbing in Chile or New Zealand over Christmas...we're looking for multi-pitch sold rock in the 5.4 to 5.6 range...any suggestions?

~Swifty
Read more : Chile or New Zealand climbing? | Views : 1377 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Aconcagua, Polish Route, Dec 29-Jan 14

Hi there,

my partner, John, and I are already booked for an attempt at the summit of Aconcagua via the Polish glacier (still not sure which route we want to take, we'll probbaly decide when we see the conditions of the glacier). We leave from Cincinnati on the 29th of Dec and we are coming back on the 14th of January. Last year we did Orizaba, la Malinche and Izta in Mexico. but we've never ...
Read more : Aconcagua, Polish Route, Dec 29-Jan 14 | Views : 1893 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Partener(s) wanted for Aconcagua

Hey - my partener had to drop out due to long term illness so I am looking for someone/people with experience for Dec/Jan. I have no preference on the route but using a guiding service is out of the question for me. Not averse to mules however. No strong preference on the route but not looking to break any records or my neck ! I am starting to think about 7 summits but, although I ...
Read more : Partener(s) wanted for Aconcagua | Views : 1625 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Aconcagua Mule Share??

Does anyone have 1/2 a mule they would be willing to sublet? Either inbound, outbound, or both. I am arriving Mendoza on Jan 2nd and departing Jan 24th. Current plans are to go to Plaza de Mulas.

Thanks,

Craig
Read more : Aconcagua Mule Share?? | Views : 1355 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Mercedario - Cordon de le Ramada conditions

Check before you go, I heard that access is closed to many of the mountains in the San Juan region due to the lagoon break this past week. Mudslides took out 2 bridges and the routes are said to be impassable on Mercedario. I heard it also affected Cerro Negro and general access in the region.
Read more : Mercedario - Cordon de le Ramada conditions | Views : 1971 | Replies : 7 | Forum : South America

Permit office for Aconcagua - new location

SUBSECRETARÍA DE TURISMO på San Martín 1143.

Close to Plaza Independencia and Hotel Nitibara.
Read more : Permit office for Aconcagua - new location | Views : 1410 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Guiding services?

In S. America? Anyone ever climb with Sol Expeditions?
Read more : Guiding services? | Views : 1460 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Arequipa area private transport to mountains?

Just wanted to hear from those of you that have been in the area.

We are planning a trip this next year and want to know the best options for getting the base of some of the mountains in the Arequipa area. Private transport is preferred and we are willing to pay more to get more. By that I mean we want something reliable and honest.

Our plans are to hit some of the area ...
Read more : Arequipa area private transport to mountains? | Views : 1987 | Replies : 5 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557972 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459