Most fun/favorite CA peaks

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
mtnlvrgirl

Re: Most fun/favorite CA peaks

by mtnlvrgirl » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Deb wrote:
polioter wrote:Don't worry about Deb, she is all talk. Just like the bike hey Deb. The granite in the whitney zone would have to be close to the best. Thor, Lone Pine and Russel have the best Alpine rock I have ever seen. But that stands to be corrected just like when you told her I was a little shit hey Deb. Just like when you didn't look after her for me and let her go to Utah with that creep when you said you would go hey Deb. Pfff talk about unreliable.

You are quite the piece of shit, aren't you Mr Kiwi-man?! You speak through your ass. Let's back up to YOU sending me messages in different names telling me what a liar and user Daria is...blah blah blah....and I stood up for her to you. THEN she's just got to go and lie to YOU about me, so fuck you both!! At what point in my life was I supposed to "take care of her for you" when you were bad-mouthing her?! Yes, you are quite the piece of shit. Get over yourself and get a grip on real life fukn looser.

This is why I don't post on this site anymore... :roll:

Deb

by Deb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:40 pm

So Po-toileter is the same creep that sent Daria a million messages about stealing his surf board, wet suit, who cares and blah blah blah... Apparently he gets one login blasted, so he makes up another one. pfffffft
I apologize to everyone, except him, for my outburst....I will henceforth ignore that maggot.

no avatar
tedryan10

by tedryan10 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 am

Thanks for sharing guys! I'm happy this thread's gotten a little attention; gives me great ideas for this summer and gleans into what makes climbs fun for you guys.

Plus the vitriol takes me back to when I was fifteen and started going on message boards, learning what blameless shit talking was all about. Well done.

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:47 am

well that escalated quickly.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

ROL

by ROL » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 pm

tedryan10 wrote:Thanks for sharing guys! I'm happy this thread's gotten a little attention; gives me great ideas for this summer and gleans into what makes climbs fun for you guys.

Plus the vitriol takes me back to when I was fifteen and started going on message boards, learning what blameless shit talking was all about. Well done.

The conclusion is obvious. The most fun/favorite CA peak is the magnificent, mysterious, beguiling Mount “Daria”. To inspire such devotion and pathologically* unexpurgated enviable raw emotion, I know now that I shall, nay I must, never rest until I have explored its lush valleys, bathed unabashedly naked in its deep limpid pools, and mounted its exquisitely fine summits.

* the earnest appreciation and study of trails.

The following user would like to thank ROL for this post
chugach mtn boy, Marcsoltan

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 am

polioter wrote:Relax Deb, you don't need to swear or call people names. Is it ok in Californian culture to lie? If so then lying about the bike is all good I guess. Why can't both of you just stop lying? Is it that hard?

i have resisted asking this for the longest time, but i have to know:

you were chasing someone who calls themselves "the top troll". what exactly were you expecting to happen? that's kinda like a deer walking out of the woods and then getting pissed about being shot.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:18 am

Usually a thread that mentions Daria is more than just 3 pages.

Back to the subject at hand. There are lots of little peaks in CA -- Sierra and desert-- that are just fun. I happen to like shorter days and obscurity. But my best peak experiences are with other folks who share their favorites. I'm sure this peak is familiar to lots of you.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:11 am

Oh Matt, You have to learn to distinguish the on-line fantasy where you want to live, from the real world where you really live. Look in the mirror and figure out why Daria keeps using then dropping you.

It is pretty common for stalkers to describe themselves as the "soulmates" of their stalkees.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:11 pm

polioter wrote:She agrees with me and wants me to be part of her family. How does that affect your theory?

It doesn't affect my "theory" at all, because it hasn't happened and likely never will. But I do predict you will try to come back to the US at least one more time, to be used at least one more time.

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:49 am

polioter wrote:It did happen. I spent the whole of last summer with her. Thats when she told me.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:14 pm

toxo wrote:
polioter wrote:When I did this peak with Toxo we were drunk off our minds but it was really fun.

This is the 2nd time someone has told me that he climbed Dragon while totally drunk; I guess I'm supposed to be impressed, but I mainly wonder about the physiological aspects:

1) Did he drink at the trailhead? In that case the alcohol should be mainly metabolized during the 2 hour approach. I'd worry about dehydration, and clotting after a puncture.

2) Did he drink the night before? Then it's a hangover, not drunkenness. I'd still worry about the headache and dehydration.

toxo wrote:[As far as the BS on the previous page goes, let's just say we all got a bit played by Daria and move on.

I'm shocked, shocked!

"fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Most of you were fooled only once.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:44 pm

I assume the helmet is to protect you from birds.

You can't judge exposure till you lose your shoe on a knife-edge traverse (on-topic, also in CA)

This is Little Corkscrew, near Corkscrew. I hardly consider Corkscrew to be a great peak, but I've been there 4 times -- once solo, and 3 times with friends. A lot of what we remember and enjoy about peaks in the fellowship. I really, really enjoyed the fellowship.

Corkscrew itself is easy; Little Corkscrew is a bit harder; walking the knife edge is... too much for many. You can find challenge and beauty almost anywhere.

This thread was supposed to be about favorite peaks... not about our greatest accomplishments.

Previous

Return to California