It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Pages up for adoption

I had just an email / PM conversation with Ulrich Prinz, who wants to get rid of his mountain pages and routes. If you know these climbs and want to adopt these pages just drop me a line.

(To view the pages just follow the link to his profile above)

Mountains:
Mount Bromo (Volcanoes of Indonesia)
Ocshapalca (Cordillera Blanca - RANGE)
Esfinge, La (The Sphinx) (Cordillera Blanca - RANGE)
Les Courtes (Mont Blanc GROUP)
Aletschhorn ...
Read more : Pages up for adoption | Views : 1490 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

Page Spacing Help

I've been working on updating and revamping the Classic Flatirons List and suddenly have a large gap between the section heading and the section bodies. How can I fix this? My html is not the best so I'm not sure how to help. Not sure if this is the problem but I'm opening and closing the lists with...

<table border="1" cellpadding="5">
<tbody><tr><th colspan="4">Top 10</th></tr>

Ideas?

Thanks.
Read more : Page Spacing Help | Views : 4249 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Re: Suggested added feature to SP

There should be a Banned/Deleted Forum. SP members should be able to read why a fellow member was banned. The person that was banned should be able to respond and fellow SPers should be able to respond as well. I do not believe the Elves are going to get it right all the time with their decisions and this forum could be used to "air it all out".
Read more : Re: Suggested added feature to SP | Views : 11647 | Replies : 88 | Forum : Site Feedback

New and strange advertising link

I've only seen this on one page: http://www.summitpost.org/massachusetts-crags/399577

Look at the left sidebar, at the bottom: "RESOURCES: Top Rated Restaurants in Brookline".

Is this a new ad model for SP? If so, I object. Sites that don't distinguish ads from content quickly lose readers' respect.
Read more : New and strange advertising link | Views : 737 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Forum for Selling Gear?

A member asked yesterday about a separate forum for members looking to sell their gear.

Is this something members would like to see, or does the current system work fine as it is?

If we created such a forum, should it be a separate forum or a subforum under Gear? Should it have subforums for gear categories? What should those categories be? When would it cross from helpful organization to clutter?

A major issue would ...
Read more : Forum for Selling Gear? | Views : 2400 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Site Feedback

Disappointed to say the least....

instead of adding crap like chat, etc. to the forums (20 folks running in circles basically), it sure would be nice to keep the contributor/beta use side of this site up and going at a reasonable speed for those of us driving outside traffic to it. Priorities eh Matt?
Read more : Disappointed to say the least.... | Views : 13548 | Replies : 75 | Forum : Site Feedback

Range Parentheticals

This is a small detail, but also one that affects everybody's pages to some degree.

One minor but useful feature of SP is the association of a parenthetical with the name of a mountain, generally indicating its range or region. So, for example, if you were to look at Gangolf's profile, you would see that his Reidberger Horn is associated with "(Allgau Alps)" whereas his Madari is associated with "(Cyprus)."

I have noticed that this ...
Read more : Range Parentheticals | Views : 5575 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Frontpage Glitch Frontpage Glitch

Anyone else have this problem? Tried both ie 7 and firefox and I get the same results.
Read more : Frontpage Glitch | Views : 2009 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Site Feedback

There should be featured Albums! There should be featured Albums!

I think it would be cool if SP had featured albums, there are some really cool ones. I think it would make a nice addition to the front page, even if it were just one featured at a time. Just an idea.
Read more : There should be featured Albums! | Views : 2946 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136409