It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:23 am

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Forbidden ?

Dear administers, Elves,
About a week ago while looking at Summitpost on my iPad the monitor/screen went blank. Then I got this message:
Forbidden, You do not have permission to access this resource. I have not been able to look at summit post since.
Please fix this problem.
Best Regards,
Marc Soltan
Read more : Forbidden ? | Views : 1857 | Replies : 2

Size of display

The size of my Summipost characters display (all pages) suddenly plunged to a very small size. I could have activated a reduction of the display inadvertently. How can I restore a much larger display? Thanks for your help.
Read more : Size of display | Views : 1921 | Replies : 2

403 Forbidden

I access Summitpost at home and at work. 2 weeks ago while at work on Google Chrome, when trying to go to Summitpost I received an error message that said "403 Forbidden" and since then I have not been able to get into Summitpost at work using Google Chrome. Today the same thing happened at home. I can no longer access Summitpost through Google Chrome. I am writing this note using "Microsoft Edge". At work, ...
Read more : 403 Forbidden | Views : 2325 | Replies : 4

No access on cellphones?

It seems that you can't view summitpost from a cell phone anymore.

It says Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Read more : No access on cellphones? | Views : 2184 | Replies : 4

Correcting Wrong Info On Route Page

By chance, I found one piece of inconsistent info on a Route Page. It's the main route for a well-known mountain and that means it probably should be corrected. I was unable to find out what the SummitPost website procedure is for informing someone about it. Am I supposed to click on Additions & Corrections over on the right side of the Route Page and then enter the info there? Or . . . . ...
Read more : Correcting Wrong Info On Route Page | Views : 4101 | Replies : 5

Cannot Post in Partner Forum for Alaska and Canada

Hoping to find partners to climb in Alaska but whenever I go to post in the forum it sends me back to my profile page. Tried logging out and back in with no luck. Would certainly appreciate your help. Thanks!!
Read more : Cannot Post in Partner Forum for Alaska and Canada | Views : 2117 | Replies : 1

Downloading images/photos

On the summitpost website, can images/photos be downloaded as JPG files or JPEG files? I have tried but I have not succeeded. My goal is to download the images/photos to my computer, transfer them from my computer to a flash drive, take the flash drive to Staples, pay Staples to print out the images/photos and then take the printed images/photos with me on my mountain climb so I can refer to them. I go to ...
Read more : Downloading images/photos | Views : 6925 | Replies : 8

photos and descriptions

This has probably been posted already but can it be a requirement that photos are labeled with description? I don't understand the numerous photos without.
Read more : photos and descriptions | Views : 1748 | Replies : 0

trip reports gone?

Two trip reports have disappeared from my page. Haven't been active in a while, but I'd hoped to refer these reports to a friend going to Scotland. Both were on Isle of Arran, and SP is the only place I had them.

Thanks,
Myles
Read more : trip reports gone? | Views : 2326 | Replies : 2

Mountain Page signature photo cropping

Ok, so for the ***teenth time, Matt, please reprogram the way signature images appear on pages.

I had to upload a new signature photo to the Clark Mountain page.

So I found one I wanted to use: this image
But when I uploaded it, the usual thing happened: the top of the mountain got cropped off and the picture got stretched. The outcome is ridiculous and I cannot believe such a visual outcome has been ...
Read more : Mountain Page signature photo cropping | Views : 1538 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558029 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136606