It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:54 am

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Criteria for locking a topic

I see a couple of topics this morning that have been "locked" to further edits or replies. What criteria do the elves use to "lock" a topic?
Thanks,
Scott
Read more : Criteria for locking a topic | Views : 5096 | Replies : 11

Spell check in search

For v4, please turn off spell check in search. 90% of searches I do are proper nouns and the spell check is driving me batty.
Read more : Spell check in search | Views : 3961 | Replies : 4

Climber's Log in Profile

For version 4, it would be cool if - in your Profile - you could see your Climber's Log entries sorted by mountain ranges . Or alternately, allow the user to sort by entry date, climb date, or range.
Read more : Climber's Log in Profile | Views : 5810 | Replies : 14

Where are the images?

I cannot see any images on summitpost including my own. Does this have something to do with the new voting system on images?
Read more : Where are the images? | Views : 9082 | Replies : 17

New Method for Voting on Images on Pages New Method for Voting on Images on Pages

Bob Sihler proposed the idea of having a voting bar inside of images on the pages themselves. It was certainly a neat idea, so I took it a step further and made it so that on hover mode the voting displays (so when you hover over an image, you could then vote on it). This would make voting on images a lot easier, especially on pages that use a lot of images. A demonstration can ...
Read more : New Method for Voting on Images on Pages | Views : 10828 | Replies : 22

Posting replies to photo comments Posting replies to photo comments

Ok here goes, I have been a member since 2009 and have had fantastic comments on my photos, here where my dilemma begins ! when replying to comments I just re-write a headed caption on the reply to post sheet at the bottom of the page, unknown to myself until yesterday I was told that for the person to see my returned comments I have to press reply on their comment page. So if this ...
Read more : Posting replies to photo comments | Views : 7496 | Replies : 9

SummitPost Version 4 in the Making SummitPost Version 4 in the Making

Starting soon, SummitPost Version 4 is planned to be in the making, and hopefully published by winter time. I'm not publishing the entire list, but here is quite a few changes that are planned/considered:

Features:

Front Page:

• 4 Sections ...
Read more : SummitPost Version 4 in the Making | Views : 19675 | Replies : 35

Profile Themes for SP Version 4 Profile Themes for SP Version 4

Coming up within the next 3 months or so is the planned release of SummitPost Version 4. I plan on making another thread sometime down the road regarding other changes. So with that in mind, the idea of profile themes is on the consideration list. If implemented, it would allow the user to select the theme (template styling) of their profile. The profile is the most personal part of the site hence what I believe ...
Read more : Profile Themes for SP Version 4 | Views : 16898 | Replies : 42

Bug in the "old version" of the editor

When using the feature "add album" or any other type of page to an existing page becoming de facto parent page, we get immediately to the new editor, with the future page already being attached. When skipping to the old editor, which I continue to use for a multitude of reasons and which should in my opinion be called simply "HTML editor", the future page is not considered anymore as an attachment and is attached ...
Read more : Bug in the "old version" of the editor | Views : 3723 | Replies : 0

Send <user> E-mail

Needs to add a copy email to self option.
Read more : Send <user> E-mail | Views : 5092 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558068 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136674