It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:06 pm

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Mbpost needs a front page update !

Many trails and other pages have been submitted since last time. Thanks ;)
Read more : Mbpost needs a front page update ! | Views : 1114 | Replies : 0

Recommendation - Other Info for "Summit Logs"

Perhaps having an indication of number of times summitting a particular peak indicated on a profile listed log? e.g. North Palisade (3) means that it was summitted 3 times. Though this would require multiple summit register entries rather than listing them all in one entry. Or perhaps the numbers summitted could originate in specifying it in the actual log entry form within a new field?

Also, including a date or option to see the dates ...
Read more : Recommendation - Other Info for "Summit Logs" | Views : 3280 | Replies : 2

Recommendation - Hierarchy for Peaks and Routes Completed

Now that I'm signing more routes, it's been annoying to see them all listed disconnected from a peak. It would be nice to have them as "children" to a signed peak (successful or not), so that, say, you could see that a climber has done Mt. Whitney, and then expand the peak to see that they have done the Mountaineer's route, E Buttress, etc. on it.
Read more : Recommendation - Hierarchy for Peaks and Routes Completed | Views : 1427 | Replies : 7

Unable to edit profile

The following message appears when I try to edit my profile. I tried logging out/in but that didn't help. Is anyone else having this problem?

update_user_profile() failed: DB Error: no such field
Read more : Unable to edit profile | Views : 3724 | Replies : 2

I Have New Friend!

I have a new friend! It's sussy4u and she wrote me the following:

"I love your profile in this site (summitpost.org)and I will like to be
your friend and know you more better.
Please write back to me in my private email address
(sussy04pet@yahoo.co.uk)so that i will give you my pictures.
yours new friend sussy."

Gee, I wonder if my new friend is a girl?

--mark d.
Read more : I Have New Friend! | Views : 1950 | Replies : 12

Attaching an image to an image?

Why would you need to do that? One image is similar to another? You could just make an album.
Read more : Attaching an image to an image? | Views : 2701 | Replies : 3

Wish List/Shopping Cart feature?

Hey,

Recently I've been looking into climbing several mountains and would like to tag them somehow in a todo list of sorts, kinda like a shopping kart. Right now, I just create bookmarks of them, but is there anyway to do this inside SP so I can keep a simple list of places I'm thinking about going? Thanks for your help.

David
Read more : Wish List/Shopping Cart feature? | Views : 817 | Replies : 1

Reports for current conditions?

Hi all,
Summitpost is a great reference, but when I want to know what's been happening in a local mountain range in the last couple of weeks, I have to go to another site. In the PNW, CA or CO, that's pretty easy because those regions each have one well-known site with recent reports. The situation in the Eastern Alps though is a mess! Bergtour.ch, bergsteigen.at, and a handful of German and Italian sites have ...
Read more : Reports for current conditions? | Views : 609 | Replies : 0

Re: which are a "rock" entity

No. You make no sense.
Read more : Re: which are a "rock" entity | Views : 5459 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459