It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 12:56 am

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Most recent votes

I have an idea for the user profile page. I know that many are calling for an overhaul with the voting system, but if there are no plans to change it for a while, then I suggest this extra feature while it stands the way it is. How about a drop down menu of your most recent votes given and received? This would be similar to the menu for our most recent comments. There could ...
Read more : Most recent votes | Views : 1517 | Replies : 3

My pages are listed as updated- By Who?

I noticed that these pages are listed as updated (1-2-10), yet I haven't touched them, I'm the only owner, and there's no apparent changes. Any ideas what caused this time stamp update? Thanks.

http://www.summitpost.org/route/335587/ ... verse.html

http://www.summitpost.org/route/513397/south-ridge.html
Read more : My pages are listed as updated- By Who? | Views : 1425 | Replies : 4

Freeing up some SP disk space!

I thought I would spread a little holiday cheer to the SP computer system and free up a little disk space. I'd be embarassed to admit the number of old versions of my submittals (albums, articles, trip reports, etc) that were still residing on the system. As hard as I try to do as much prework as possible before starting on a new submittal I always end up with many many corrections - moving pictures, ...
Read more : Freeing up some SP disk space! | Views : 4456 | Replies : 22

Great pictures vs. votes - huh!?

I've been wondering about this one often enough. When I look at the pictures of the day and week on the front page, I wonder what the heck makes people vote high and plenty on most of them. A picture of the day or week, in my opinion, should not only have an outstanding motive, but should also be outstanding in artistic aspects (composition, colors, post processing etc.). A random snapshot that happened to be ...
Read more : Great pictures vs. votes - huh!? | Views : 8831 | Replies : 38

free advertising for those who need it

what about guide company reviews

wouldn't this be a good idea for those wishing to get the word out and those looking for solid information and reviews of such guides?

They already have those on SP (and have for almost five years now):

http://www.spgear.org/object_list.php?p ... ect_type=1

Any member of SP can add guide company reviews, but it should be done by someone not in the company itself. Just because ...
Read more : free advertising for those who need it | Views : 2784 | Replies : 13

Searching????

I hate the "search engine" on SP..........

or maybe I do not know how to properly work it.......

gk :cry: :cry:
Read more : Searching???? | Views : 3084 | Replies : 16

Suggestion for pages on 'long trails'

For some time now, I have been thinking about how to develop a good resource for long trails here on Summitpost. In particular, the Pacific Crest Trail seems to demand something a little in depth than what is presently available (no disrespect to the pages current maintainer).

To this end, I was thinking it would be great if there was a route or area page that was held by en elf or someone else who ...
Read more : Suggestion for pages on 'long trails' | Views : 1860 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558019 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136584