It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:17 am

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Oceania not Oceana

I noticed that Oceana is one of the continent choices when making a new page. I think Oceania is meant. Oceana is a non-profit organization.
Read more : Oceania not Oceana | Views : 3652 | Replies : 5

summit entries on front page

Elves,
Why not replace 'Photo of the Moment' with 'Latest summit entries'? Put the 10 most recent entries on the front page. This will make it easier to see which areas are active and who is active. Can also encourage people to sign summit logs. Also encourage people to check back regularly to see what is happening.

atavist
Read more : summit entries on front page | Views : 3009 | Replies : 2

Photo of the Moment disappeared

I noticed that the space dedicated to the "Photo of the Moment" has disappeared.
Read more : Photo of the Moment disappeared | Views : 2751 | Replies : 1

Profile Picture Disappeared

Did it expire?
Read more : Profile Picture Disappeared | Views : 5514 | Replies : 13

Default picture size

I've noticed with the new DIY style page creation tool that the default image size when you add a picture from SP is medium. So it uses the medium version rather than original or even large. If you click and drag to make an image larger on the new editor it gets distorted and grainy. I've noticed this, so when ever I want a larger picture I go back and use the old editor, find ...
Read more : Default picture size | Views : 3095 | Replies : 2

Any way to search archives?

Hi all,

I've been poking around for awhile, but I'm on mobile and may be missing something. I can't find any way to search for a post from around 2007-ish. Are they backed up anywhere?

This gear review for an MSR XPD heat exchanger makes reference to a post I made with the details of a controlled experiment I performed around that time. Unfortunately the link is broken, and I haven't yet been able to ...
Read more : Any way to search archives? | Views : 3167 | Replies : 2

Reworked Pages

When reworked pages are featured on SP's front page, what determines how long they stay there?
Read more : Reworked Pages | Views : 2993 | Replies : 2

Another Photo Taken

This time by a website: http://www.greatoutdoorshop.com
My photo: http://www.summitpost.org/along-the-pol ... 0/c-778627 Which I originally posted not long after joining SP but removed to edit and repost on a 2012 TR posting of a 2001 trip.

Came across it while searching for photos of an area I'm hoping to get to summer. While I realize that this kind of thing is only going to ...
Read more : Another Photo Taken | Views : 3801 | Replies : 4

My Trip Report got deleted

My most recent trip report seems to have been mysteriously deleted. This happened to me a number of years ago, but with my Mount Umunhum page.

I can still see the cached version, which is dated from August 15:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QNAqS-5eWEoJ:www.summitpost.org/the-fishers-odyssey-when-peakbagging-and-aid-climbing-collide/966954+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

When I try and load the uncached link, the typical red "This page has been deleted" SP message appears. Neither the trip report link nor the photos attached with the trip report appear in my ...
Read more : My Trip Report got deleted | Views : 4424 | Replies : 1

Posting Photos

I recently created an album for a trip up Sockrider Peak and Elliot Mountain.
http://www.summitpost.org/sockrider-pea ... 340/980658

No matter what I seem to do, a couple of the images are showing up sideways. I even tried to change them to sideways in the photo editing and storage I have and it did not help. Then if you click on them, they display in the correct axis. What gives? Give ...
Read more : Posting Photos | Views : 3854 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434