It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Find climbing partners in South America.

Cordillera Blanca - Artesonraju

For anyone that's still in Huaraz, I'm looking to get the E Ridge of Artesonraju in before the weather gets bad, and (or) possibly another climb if the weather is stil good afterwards.

Looking to leave ASAP.

Shoot me a message on Whatsapp +17073630701
Read more : Cordillera Blanca - Artesonraju | Views : 4772 | Replies : 0

Cordilla Blanca May-July 2016

I am in Huaraz right now seeking climbing partners. Rock and mountain. I want to do Vallunaraju and Chopiqualci at least...

Staying at Monkeywasi climbers hostel http://www.monkeywasi.com/

WhatsApp +1-503-724-9519

Have a good one!
Matt
Read more : Cordilla Blanca May-July 2016 | Views : 4779 | Replies : 0

Climbing Cordillera Blanca this summer

UPDATED to include a bit more information -

I'm currently seeking both partners and advice regarding a trip to the cordillera blanca. In a nutshell, I've quit my job and will be heading out on a yearlong trip to climb until next year. I'll be starting in May with two weeks in the Cascades (including some quality time with the Alpine Institute folks), and then spending June in Colorado getting some altitude training and visiting ...
Read more : Climbing Cordillera Blanca this summer | Views : 4874 | Replies : 0

Aconcagua mule service and some questions...

Hey guys.
We are climbing Aconcagua in February. There are many services for mules and we do not know which to choose and what is regular price for mule transportation to plaza de mulas?.. Probably you could recommend us a good economical service?..
Also how much it would cost for us to stay in a camp how much cost the meal. I would appreciate for any help. Also if yo are planning to climb Aconcagua ...
Read more : Aconcagua mule service and some questions... | Views : 5340 | Replies : 0

Coming to Bolivia?

Hey

If anyone is coming to Bolivia to climb mountains and needs a partner, I would like to know. I am living in La Paz and usually can take time for a trip to the mountains unless my situation changes. I have climbed about 15 nevados (almost all of them alone) around here but of course there is still a lot left to climb. Very steep mixed or ice climbing is not for me but ...
Read more : Coming to Bolivia? | Views : 5130 | Replies : 0

Cordillera Blanca 2016

I am planning to go to the Cordillera Blanca (CB) for 2 months this upcoming summer (2016), likely late-May through July. I have a ton of questions and have been doing research on Summit Post (SP) and through other sources to prepare. If anyone is kind enough to share advice or their own experience, here are some general questions I have:

- Is it safe to assume whatever gear I don't take I can buy/rent ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca 2016 | Views : 22237 | Replies : 19

Chimborazo

Anybody know current conditions? I am being told very dry and impossible to climb, I was going on Nov 2 for a 9 day trip. thanks.
Read more : Chimborazo | Views : 5759 | Replies : 1

Aconcagua

Starting to think about climbing Aconcagua over the holidays. Probably looking to start sometime late Dec. and into early 2016. I would like to target 2-2.5 weeks rather than the "normal" 21 days. Would prefer the Polish traverse (not glacier), but am open to the standard route. Unfortunately, I don't currently have much of the shared gear I would need, but have some disposable income to spend if we can put together and group target ...
Read more : Aconcagua | Views : 8983 | Replies : 4

Torres del Paine, Chilean Patagonia

Hola compañeros!
I work in the national park Torres del Paine as a guide and here till the end of the April.
Thinking that would be great to climb a summit in the Paine massive - something more or less accessible and not too technical like Almirante Nieto (Paine Chico) if the weather permits.
I would be up for a not very long technical climb too (if the forecast is impecable) but don't have much ...
Read more : Torres del Paine, Chilean Patagonia | Views : 5691 | Replies : 0

Cordillera Blanca June 18 - July 23

Hi all,

Looking for a partner or two now that I have booked a flights to and from Peru and have had my first partner back out. Plans and objectives are fairly open - and will base myself out of Huaraz. I'm keen to climb routes between PD+ and D and am comfortable leading D. Welcome to PM if interested and we can chat more.

Best, Ryan
Read more : Cordillera Blanca June 18 - July 23 | Views : 6049 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136409