It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:49 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Aconcagua Advice

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to climb Aconcaugua via the Polish Direct route but i'm having trouble picking a company to go with due to reviews online.

Can anyone recommend a company that is known to be good/provide a good service?

I have read that Daniel Alessio runs a tight ship but I can't seem to find much info to back that up.

Some other ones I have come across include:

http://www.fieldtouringalpine.com ...
Read more : Aconcagua Advice | Views : 5731 | Replies : 9

Looking for Climbing Partner (Ojos Del Salado, Nov end).

Hello Climbers!

I'm interested in making an attempt on Ojos Del Salado from the Chilean side around End of November (Last of Nov + First Week of Dec). This is part of a massive road trip I'm doing from California to Ushuaia so I have my own 4 wheel transportation that we can use. I'm currently in Argentina (Buenos Aires) and will be heading towards Chile soon. I'm a 25yo male from India who is ...
Read more : Looking for Climbing Partner (Ojos Del Salado, Nov end). | Views : 3249 | Replies : 1

Ausangate

Hola amigos

Anyone have a source for information on this peak? Any sudamericano climbing books cover it? Anyone know much about it's ascent history?

Thanks

-Ben
Read more : Ausangate | Views : 3631 | Replies : 3

Oggioni Pass route, Torres del Paine

Has anyone done this variation on the Paine circuit? It sounds fantastic, but I'd like to get a bit more info (like, a map :)). Thanks in advance!

AD
Read more : Oggioni Pass route, Torres del Paine | Views : 3953 | Replies : 0

Is 2 months of training enough to summit Aconcagua

I was planning to climb Aconcagua in February, and had asked for 15 days off of work. Meaning I had 4 months to prepare.
My employer just ruled out February as a big project is launching for me at that time. They have however been very generous in offering me 4 weeks off in December instead :shock: .

PRO's
- Obviously I'll have more time there. SO I could spend some days in Mendoza and ...
Read more : Is 2 months of training enough to summit Aconcagua | Views : 7986 | Replies : 9

Mountaineering School In South America

So I'm planning on spending several months in South America starting sometime starting next month and I've been wanting to take a Mountaineering course for some time now. I've summited several non technical mountains (Mount Adams and Dragontail Peak in Washington State and Mount Rinjani in Indonesia), but I would really like to learn the skills necessary to take on more advanced mountains independently. I've been looking at a couple of programs in South America: ...
Read more : Mountaineering School In South America | Views : 7394 | Replies : 3

Ecuador Guides

Can anyone make a recommendation for a guiding service in Ecuador? Cotopaxi and Chimborazo.
Read more : Ecuador Guides | Views : 6491 | Replies : 7

Ecuador

Heading down in December for Cayabe, Antisanna and Chimborazo. Anyone else down there then?
Read more : Ecuador | Views : 4217 | Replies : 2

Cordillera Real current conditions?

Hi, anyone know how climbing conditions are shaping up at the moment on Condoriri, illimani, that neck of the woods? I'd heard there was unseasonal fresh snow but no idea how reliable that source is. Thanks
Read more : Cordillera Real current conditions? | Views : 4097 | Replies : 3

Looking for partners - Aconcagua (Feb. 2015)

Hi everyone,

I am going to travel (alone) in South America at the beginning of 2015. I would like to attempt the ascension of the Aconcagua in february 2015. Multiple agencies propose a package, but the prices are way too expensive. Moreover, the route is not technical (no need to hire a guide) and the main difficulty of the expedition is the lack of oxygen due to the altitude.

Also I don't want to go ...
Read more : Looking for partners - Aconcagua (Feb. 2015) | Views : 3181 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557990 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136504