It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:42 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

The Cordillera Blanca

I've climbed in Peru but not in this range. So, those of you who've climbed in the Cordillera Blanca, I'd be interested to hear your opinions on this one:

When have you climbed there?

What were the conditions like?

When d'you think is the best time to go?

Thanks!
Read more : The Cordillera Blanca | Views : 8571 | Replies : 14

The Aconcagua Dog

Well, could could be him
http://www.alpenplausch.ch/inhalt/galle ... nca12.html
Picture from my friend Roman. the dog accompanied us till Nido.
Cheers! Gert
Read more : The Aconcagua Dog | Views : 2905 | Replies : 10

Back from Aconcagua

Congrats on the summit!
Read more : Back from Aconcagua | Views : 3119 | Replies : 13

Cerro Torre

Interesting Cerro Torre Summit video. :shock:
I´ve never seen a video from this summit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELU3TFrgCfI
Read more : Cerro Torre | Views : 1099 | Replies : 0

Aconcagua: drink more, more more?

I am concerned about the summit day. From the books and reports I realize that it could easily be up to 16 hours day (11 hours ascent, some time on summit, and over 4 hours descent) and temperature around -20. What is the way to keep water not frozen in such conditions? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Read more : Aconcagua: drink more, more more? | Views : 1288 | Replies : 4

Aconcagua: weather forcast?

Question: Is the weather forcast available in any of the high camps on Normal route? Any particular radio frequencies?
Read more : Aconcagua: weather forcast? | Views : 1484 | Replies : 2

Aconacagua Upper Vacas/ Guanacos Route closed to climbing.

It's Jan. 11th and I just got back to my hotel from the permit office in Mendoza where I was informed that the Upper Vacas Valley/ Guanacos Route has been closed to climbing activity. Never opened would probably be more accurate. The young girl at the permit office said no permits had been issued this season due to conservation efforts by the Argentine government. No word on when, or if, they will open it back ...
Read more : Aconacagua Upper Vacas/ Guanacos Route closed to climbing. | Views : 2524 | Replies : 4

Polish Direct Conditions?

Hi all,

Anyone back recently or even in Mendoza now? I need to know what the glacier is like, particularly the direct route. Is it chossed up, penitenteyed and is there much ice showing through?
Will be there late Feb/early March, but would just like a guesstimate on the successes this year on that route, or advice from those that have done it this year/talked to people who've done it etc.

cheers

col
Read more : Polish Direct Conditions? | Views : 1744 | Replies : 1

aymara - mendoza hotels

Does anyone know what is/are the name(s) of the hotel(s) used by aymara in mendoza? Thanks.
Read more : aymara - mendoza hotels | Views : 1079 | Replies : 0

Incahuasi (Puna de Atacama) - End of February

Hello everybody (from Chile),

We should be attempting Nevado Incahuasi on the Argentinian Puna de Atacama around the last week of February 2007.

Anybody around at that time, wanting to join in ?
We are three people at the moment.

If you climb it before us (this season), please let me know about the snow conditions.
Thanks.
Read more : Incahuasi (Puna de Atacama) - End of February | Views : 943 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558081 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136712