It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Anyone doing trekking in february Peru?

Hello, we are two people going to Peru in next month and were thinking about using an agency to a guided trek in Huarez (cordilla Blanca region), but would like to join up with somebody - well bascially to save costs.

Also, could anyone recommend some treks for beginners, or anything similiar, and a guide agency?.

All the best

Adam from Denmark
Read more : Anyone doing trekking in february Peru? | Views : 3569 | Replies : 2

Moderate snow/ice/mixed in Peru?

Suggestions for easy/moderate mixed climbs in Peru? Heading down there for climbing sometime between May and July, total time ~10 days. Other potential climbing targets include Tocllaraju NW ridge, but that is all snow/ice.

We're looking for a climb that is similar in difficulty and risk to the NW ridge (low risk is important), but includes some rock as well. Difficulty ideally about the same as Contamine-Griselle on Mont Blanc du Tacul...so, pretty straightforward and ...
Read more : Moderate snow/ice/mixed in Peru? | Views : 3721 | Replies : 3

Chimborazo

Anybody know current conditions? I am being told very dry and impossible to climb, I was going on Nov 2 for a 9 day trip. thanks
Read more : Chimborazo | Views : 3270 | Replies : 1

Partner desired for Cordillera Blanca, until Sept. 18th

Greetings, I'm in Huaraz now. My friend & climbing partner had the great misfortune of breaking his ankle on a climb. Fortunately, he made it down the mountain all right (& up, too!!!!). I leave Peru (from Lima, so I need to take a bus from Huaraz) on the 20th. Until then, I'd love to get up another mountain or 2 (the reason I came down here).

I have experience at altitude (I've climbed all ...
Read more : Partner desired for Cordillera Blanca, until Sept. 18th | Views : 3220 | Replies : 1

Are guides required for Cayambe and Chimborazo?

I've been reading online and haven't been able to find a straight answer about this.

My 2 friends and I are planning a mountain climbing trip to Ecuador in February 2016. We're thinking of climbing either Cayambe or Chimborazo (since Cotopaxi erupted recently). We're confident in our ability to climb such mountains safely and therefore would prefer to climb without a guide.

Is it at all possible to climb Cayambe or Chimborazo without hiring a ...
Read more : Are guides required for Cayambe and Chimborazo? | Views : 8804 | Replies : 5

gear beta desired for the Cordillera Blanca

Greetings fellow climbers, going to the Cordillera Blanca soon with a friend to climb some mountains & whatnot, & would like to know what kinds of gear decisions others have made. Potential peaks/climbs are Alpamayo, Huandoy Norte, Huascaran Norte, Ranrapalca, ... (looking at the guide, I feel like a kid in a candy shop... :) ). In particular, ropes (how many, length, diameter, ...), boots (single/leather or ...
Read more : gear beta desired for the Cordillera Blanca | Views : 3205 | Replies : 0

Ecuador partners in August?

I'm heading off to Ecuador on Monday as leader for a school expedition. I'm with the kids for 4 weeks and then amazingly have 2 weeks to myself! I'm doing planning on getting a few days trekking and climbing in. No set plan but thinking maybe something near Quito (Pinchincha), then Las Cajas national park. I'm also considering doing a glacier skills course on Cayambe before attempting Chimborazo with a local guiding company.
I'll be ...
Read more : Ecuador partners in August? | Views : 3644 | Replies : 1

Bolivia Climbing June 22nd- July 4th Bolivia Climbing June 22nd- July 4th

Hi,

I have booked Pequeno Alpamayo, Huyana Potosi and Sajama climbs in Bolivia starting from June 22nd - July 4th through Boliviamountains set departure dates. So far, I am the only person signed up for those dates. Some people were supposed to signed up for the same dates but they cancelled at the last moment. I have already booked my flights and planing to go ahead with the plan.

http://www.bolivianmountains.com/set-de ... ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136425