It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:30 pm

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Wanted: Tucson rental for Dec.

Looking for a furnished studio or small 1-bedroom non-smoking unit that will rent for just one month, for this Dec., on the Northeast or North Central side of town. Please PM me through the forum if you have suggestions or a place to rent out. Thanks!
Read more : Wanted: Tucson rental for Dec. | Views : 3280 | Replies : 0

Wheeler Peak - Lost Camera

Hi,

We climbed Wheeler on Monday 8/26 and ended up leaving our camera in the Twining parking lot (near the campsites). We called the ski area, and the local police, but no one turned anything in. If you know anyone who was in the area please ask if they might have found anything.

It is an Olympus waterproof model.

$100 reward for its return (we're mostly concerned with the pictures on the memory card...)

Thanks, ...
Read more : Wheeler Peak - Lost Camera | Views : 2932 | Replies : 0

Organ Mountains conditions in December/January

Hey Guys!

So I am planning a little winter project in the Organs and am curious about the conditions in late December and early January. Basically, I am wondering if there is enough snow to melt for water on a regular basis or does it fall and all melt off in a day. any help would be greatly appreciated

Kerr.
Read more : Organ Mountains conditions in December/January | Views : 3695 | Replies : 5

Paria Canyon & Havasupai in March/April?

Hey y'all. I'm trying to plan a two-fer for spring of next year. I want to hit up Havasupai and Paria Canyon area---anyone have insight on the weather conditions and temps during that time of year? The ranges that websites are offering are huge and vague.

Of course the trip will largely depend on how I do in the permit lottery for those months, but I really want to avoid the summer. Ideally I want ...
Read more : Paria Canyon & Havasupai in March/April? | Views : 6471 | Replies : 4

Big fire near Charleston Peak, NV

So far, about 11000 acres burned. The fire started on the south side near Carpenter Canyon, sparked by lightning. A big change in winds sent it to the ridge between Griffith and Charleston. The Spring Mountain area is mainly closed to access right now. For us, this is a huge fire.

http://inciweb.org/incident/3481/

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/22767863/ ... -evacuated
Read more : Big fire near Charleston Peak, NV | Views : 3672 | Replies : 0

Wheeler Peak, New Mexico

Just looking for some feedback on trail conditions on WHeeler peak.

Thanks
Read more : Wheeler Peak, New Mexico | Views : 4506 | Replies : 3

Tragedy in central Arizona

Eighteen firefighters have died in the "Yarnell Hill Fire" that has ripped through half of the town and sent residents to Prescott (AZ) for safety.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Yarnell-Hill-fire-burning-northwest-of-the-Valley-213756531.html
Read more : Tragedy in central Arizona | Views : 6680 | Replies : 11

Camelback's Echo Canyon Trail is Partially Open

Phoenix, Arizona hiking news from my personal (no-advertisements) Camelback Mountain site:

Camelback Mountain's Echo Canyon Trail is Open for Hiking! (Well, Three-Quarters of It, and You First Have to Climb Cholla Trail to the Summit)

If you want to have Echo Canyon Trail all to yourself, there's no better time than now.

The trail isn't closed like you may have heard. As usual, the news media steered you wrong. Most of Echo Canyon is open. ...
Read more : Camelback's Echo Canyon Trail is Partially Open | Views : 7524 | Replies : 11

Hiker dies on Table Top (AZ)

A 50-year old man died due to the heat on Table Top Mountain in south-central Arizona.

Here is the link: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ce ... p-Mountain

In case the link goes dead after awhile, here is the story:

A professor visiting Arizona succumbed to heat exhaustion and died on a hike at Table Top Mountain on Wednesday afternoon. Pinal County Sheriff's officials say they got a call around 4:30 p.m. that a ...
Read more : Hiker dies on Table Top (AZ) | Views : 3372 | Replies : 0

Arc Dome (NV) Conditions

Does anyone know the current conditions of the road to Columbine Campground and the amount of snow on the peak?
Read more : Arc Dome (NV) Conditions | Views : 3186 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136495