It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 am

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

"Slide Fire" O.C.C.

Burning hot spread by 35-m,p,h, winds .... hope they get it before it reaches Flag ,,,,,, doesn't look good ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1fVqGunz6A

http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=60412
Read more : "Slide Fire" O.C.C. | Views : 4645 | Replies : 2

Humphreys - current condition

I am contemplating a Memorial Day hike up Mount Humphreys.
What kind of conditions should I expect by Memorial Day?
Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!
Read more : Humphreys - current condition | Views : 4974 | Replies : 2

Vandals and thieves in Calico Basin

This is just a heads-up that I should have posted several days ago.

On the morning of April 17, shortly after 6 A.M., my son and I left the trailhead at Calico Basin to head up Ash Canyon. When we returned, I found that the front windows on the driver and passenger sides had been smashed in. Whoever did it was looking to steal things, as was clear from the open glove compartment and center ...
Read more : Vandals and thieves in Calico Basin | Views : 7097 | Replies : 13

Charleston Peak Current Conditions? Charleston Peak Current Conditions?

Just curious if anyone has been up recently? I assume some snow, wondering how much, how well consolidated, etc... Thanks in advance! I will be in Vegas and would like to attempt it around April 12th.
Read more : Charleston Peak Current Conditions? | Views : 5878 | Replies : 8

Humphrey's (AZ) Trail Conditions

Considering heading down that way this weekend and can see from the webcam that there is a bit of snow and potentially more to come. Anyone been up there the last couple of days? Couldn't see anything past January in the Climber's Log.

Thanks!
Read more : Humphrey's (AZ) Trail Conditions | Views : 4672 | Replies : 1

Wheeler Peak Conditions

Does anyone know the current conditions on Wheeler? Looking at climbing this week via standard route. Anyone been up that way recently?

Thanks!
Ben
Read more : Wheeler Peak Conditions | Views : 16624 | Replies : 19

best hiking shoes for desert hiking?

Hi ! Any opinions :ugeek: on best hiking shoes for desert hiking ? Something light yet sturdy and sticky rubber?
Read more : best hiking shoes for desert hiking? | Views : 33190 | Replies : 5

California Ridge crash site

Traversed California Ridge today (between I-15 and Valley of Fire) and found a lot of scattered but mostly very small debris up high about 100' beneath the crest, ~2 miles (?) north of where the road to Weiser Mine cuts thru it. Unable to find any info online, does anyone happen to know anything about this site ?

Read more : California Ridge crash site | Views : 4459 | Replies : 3

Moving to Phoenix?! Looking for info

I haven't been very active the last couple of years here on SP but I haven't been very active in the mountains either. I was kind of in a hibernation state in the Midwest except maybe a weeklong trip every other year to CO.
I might have an opportunity to move to the Phoenix area (currently in Chiagoland) working in Tempe and I was looking for some info from the locals. Where are good areas ...
Read more : Moving to Phoenix?! Looking for info | Views : 5489 | Replies : 4

Current Winter Conditions-- Red Rock Canyon

A week from now, I'll be out there and planning to climb a few peaks. What has the winter been like? Specifically, is there much ice in the canyons and on the slopes above them?

Some places/routes I'm considering:

Oak Creek Canyon
Wilson via Hidden Bowl
Sandstone Mountain and scrambling route
Black Velvet Canyon and Peak
Read more : Current Winter Conditions-- Red Rock Canyon | Views : 4005 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418