It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:15 pm

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Snow level in western NV (Star Peak)?

Does anyone have any idea of the snow level in the Humboldt Range in Nevada? I'm going to be out west and would like to get up Star Peak, but not sure how good the roads are. Normally I wouldn't even be hopeful for the idea, but I hear it's been a dry winter out that way...

Thanks!
Shannon
Read more : Snow level in western NV (Star Peak)? | Views : 5072 | Replies : 6

NM Contributor Scott Hsu quoted in National Geographic

Summitposter Scott Hsu was mentioned as a local skiing resource when it identified Los Alamos as one of America's best secret ski towns. Congrats to him. I think that is pretty cool.
Read more : NM Contributor Scott Hsu quoted in National Geographic | Views : 4204 | Replies : 1

Best Tucson area hikes & backpacks

Enjoyed a recent backpacking excursion into Aravaipa Canyon, and was told by some Tucson locals that their area is pretty amazing. Anyone have any gems to share? I'm interested in heading back there next year for some more hiking/backpacking/peakbagging, and would be extremely grateful for any recommendations.
Read more : Best Tucson area hikes & backpacks | Views : 4516 | Replies : 3

Mt Wrightson Via the Temporal Trail?

So I moved to Tucson and am temporarily staying down in Patagonia while working in Nogales. :? I'm finally getting a day to explore tomorrow and am going to make my first attempt at this hike. Looks like it will be 23 miles round trip. I had driven up to the trail head the other day. I discovered that at least the start of the trail looked ...
Read more : Mt Wrightson Via the Temporal Trail? | Views : 4807 | Replies : 7

Can someone from AZ make sense of this?

http://www.experience-az.com/coolstuff/permitinfo.html

We wanted to go by Weaver's Needle; the summitpost entry describes "no permits for dayhiking." But people have been hassled for just being on the access road. Can AZ folks shed any light?

Thanks.
Read more : Can someone from AZ make sense of this? | Views : 8794 | Replies : 9

hiking / Climbing Ideas Near laughlin

Hi

Will be in Laughlin in March for a day or two and was curious if anyone had any good hiking ideas in the area (1hour drive)? I am an intermediate mountain hiker, but will be with daughter, who is novice. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rich
Read more : hiking / Climbing Ideas Near laughlin | Views : 3954 | Replies : 1

Wheeler/Boundary Peak in November

Hi everyone,

Ill be in Nevada in November, and was thinking of taking some days off bouldering in Red Rock to go grab a high point or two - can anyone comment on the climability of Wheeler or Boundary peak around then?

Thanks
Read more : Wheeler/Boundary Peak in November | Views : 5119 | Replies : 1

Trip to GUMO

Thinking of heading out to Guadalupe Mountains to summit Guadalupe and Bush mtns in 2 or 3 weeks (Nov 1 or 8th). Anyone been up there after the floods? (or during the shutdown? :o haha)
Read more : Trip to GUMO | Views : 6245 | Replies : 7

Found Eyeglasses!  Piedra Lisa Trail, Sandias, NM Found Eyeglasses! Piedra Lisa Trail, Sandias, NM

Found Eyeglasses

Eyeglasses found on the Piedra Lisa trail on 9/30 near the junction of Rincon Ridge. Message me and I'll be glad to meet you somewhere.

~Mike

Read more : Found Eyeglasses! Piedra Lisa Trail, Sandias, NM | Views : 3238 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418