Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Spin move

Somebody teach me the spin move in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D8kRzfgRhk
Read more : Spin move | Views : 1618 | Replies : 5

Walkers Feet

Possibly one for us older SP'ers.

Both my doctor and I are working hard on trying to find the source of a mild flue like illness that has been hitting me for a very long time now, (decades).

We are getting clues it is caused by some sort of inflammation that shows up in blood tests, and has caused what has been treated as Arthritis. Usually something that periodically starts with my right big toe, ...
Read more : Walkers Feet | Views : 2401 | Replies : 5

simulating altitude

I did a search, but found no topics on this subject.
Are there any ways to simulate altitude in your training regime. I do not have an altitude simulator, but would like to prep for an upcoming trip.
Thanks in advance.
Read more : simulating altitude | Views : 18305 | Replies : 53

Rappelling Instruction in Idaho?

I know this is probably a long shot but, does anyone know of a climbing gym near Twin Falls, Boise or Ketchum, Idaho area where one can take instructional courses in rappelling? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks.

Regards, Erik
Read more : Rappelling Instruction in Idaho? | Views : 3816 | Replies : 4

Hot Water Freezing Faster Than Cold Water

I was talking to a friend and he said on his winter trips, he boils his drinking water before he heads out for the day and hikes in freezing weather. He said it keeps his water from freezing as fast.

In high school I was taught that hot water freezes faster than cold water. I use an insulated sleeve for my water bottles in the winter, this helps a lot.

I told my friend what ...
Read more : Hot Water Freezing Faster Than Cold Water | Views : 11678 | Replies : 24

tell me about when some of you have had pneumonia

I have it so I was just wondering.
Read more : tell me about when some of you have had pneumonia | Views : 11872 | Replies : 9

Breaking in new Shoes and Boots

In the old days, I'd buy a new pair of leather hiking boots, soak them in a bucket of water for 24 hours then wear them dry through my day at the office or whatever. They'd be mine. Now, I have synthetic everything and I just take them out on longer and longer hikes until I can do 20 miles plus without a hotspot. So I travel sometimes with a pair I'm breaking in as ...
Read more : Breaking in new Shoes and Boots | Views : 4434 | Replies : 8

Home Training

Hello everyone,

So after watching that amazing home bouldering video, I have become somewhat inspired. My question today is this:

Is there any way to train at home/practice techniques for climbing if you cannot access a gym?

I live in a dorm residence, and the closest climbing gym is still about an hour bike ride away (I don't have a car). And even if my busy student schedule allows time to go to the gym, ...
Read more : Home Training | Views : 3841 | Replies : 4

correct crampon technique on traverse/descent

I live in a country that generally has no ice or snow, this year we had an unusual cold snap that resulted us getting lots if snow and ice, a very very rare chance to get some practice on snow and ice. A few of us got in a few days of winter mountaineering a fantastic few days, any one who has mountains with snow and ice nearby, you don't know how lucky you are! ...
Read more : correct crampon technique on traverse/descent | Views : 18243 | Replies : 28

Guinness worthy record?

Certainly very impressive :shock:

Will Gadd from Canada completed an astonishing 194 laps of the 40-meter Pick O’ the Vic (WI4) during his “Endless Ascent.” In this 24-hour ultra-marathon of ice climbing, a fund-raiser for the dZi Foundation, Gadd climbed about 25,500 feet of near-vertical ice — surely a Guinness-worthy record. 8) Here's is photo of Pick O' the ...
Read more : Guinness worthy record? | Views : 1652 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136457