It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:35 pm

News News of US - California

Site map of US - California » Forum : US - California

Find climbing partners in California

Fall Palisade Traverse Partner

Looking for a Palisade Traverse (Thunderbolt to Sill) Partner in the upcoming weeks. I'd like to try and go before the snow comes in here soon. Would like to do it from South Lake round trip, entering the traverse at SW chute and exiting Sill towards Potluck Pass and back around (~21 miles, ~6500ft gain). I have all the gear necessary, looking for someone else with the appropriate experience. Thanks!
Read more : Fall Palisade Traverse Partner | Views : 6775 | Replies : 1

partner for U notch inAugust

Looking for an appropriately experienced partned for the U notch in August. I dont have a permit, probably walk-in.

Here's my experience in a nutshell.
I'm 58, have been climbing since age 18. I've done all Sierra 14'ers except Polemonium and Starlight. I'd like to at least tick off Polemonium. Previously I've summitted Ranier ( via Kautz Cleaver in winter ) , Tetons, been to 17, 200 on Denali, other alpine experience, ice climbing as ...
Read more : partner for U notch inAugust | Views : 2828 | Replies : 0

Mt. Whitney 6/18/19 MR: possible extra permit spot

Guys & gals,
I have a permit for four to climb on 6/18/19 via the Mountaineer's Route. One of our team may have to back out at the last minute due to work issues. Does anyone here have the ability to climb on spur-of-the-moment notice?

A little bit about the trip: Our itinerary is to arrive to pickup permits Monday (17th) morning and camp Monday night at Whitney Portal Campground (have reservations already); early start ...
Read more : Mt. Whitney 6/18/19 MR: possible extra permit spot | Views : 3883 | Replies : 2

Looking for all-season climbing partner in Tahoe area

Hello all!

I am looking for a climbing partner for the whole season. I'm just reaching out to the whole community, hoping for some replies! I am looking to do mostly sport climbing, as that is what gear I have. But I am open to learning more about trad as well. I can lead 5.8 and hopefully my partner will be able to teach me some things. I learn quickly and progress quickly. I believe ...
Read more : Looking for all-season climbing partner in Tahoe area | Views : 2494 | Replies : 0

Shasta - team up for non-technical climb 5/4 - 5/5?

Short notice, but weather permitting, looking to head up Shasta's Avalanche Gulch Saturday 5/4 - Sunday 5/5, with a layover at Lake Helen. Looking forward to getting back on the mountain. If anyone with prior 14er experience (or similar) is interested in teaming up, let me know. My normal climbing partner is currently out-of-commission recovering from a knee surgery. I've chosen Avalanche Gulch as I'm familiar with the route, but open to other non-technical routes ...
Read more : Shasta - team up for non-technical climb 5/4 - 5/5? | Views : 2499 | Replies : 0

Mt Williamson late august 2019

If anyone is interested in dayhiking Mt Williamson west face in late August, please send me a message. Looking for someone who is comfortable on class 3 terrain and feels they could complete this one in 14-15 hours. Thanks.
Read more : Mt Williamson late august 2019 | Views : 4488 | Replies : 2

Paid Climbing shoot: California Paid Climbing shoot: California

Hi, I’m looking to shoot stills and video of climbing in Southern California.

About me: Quinn C. Ford, LA & San Francisco based, female, experienced, photographer, cinematographer and ice climber.

Paid: Payment DOI, depends on experience

You will receive all still images and video same day.
Please message me for more info. :-) Thanks,
Quinn
Read more : Paid Climbing shoot: California | Views : 2938 | Replies : 1

Reinstein, Tunemah, and Finger July 6-10 2019

I have a two-person permit for Mt. Reinstein (12,586’, class 2), Tunemah Peak (11,894’, class 2), and Finger Peak (12,404’, class 2 or class 3) for July 6, 2019. The trip is at least 60 miles and 17,400’ of gain per CalTopo. I’m planning five days starting from the Woodchuck TH near Wishon Reservoir. There is a map with routes athttps://caltopo.com/m/KVNG. There is a TR (see pages 8-12) at https://www.sierraclub.org/sites/www.sierraclub.org/files/sce/sierra-peaks-section/Newsletters/2016_v60-4_4mb.pdf. This should be an awesome ...
Read more : Reinstein, Tunemah, and Finger July 6-10 2019 | Views : 3335 | Replies : 1

OLANCHA PEAK ( 12,132 ft ) HIKE PARTNER FOR JUNE 2019

I like to gather a group to climb Olancha peak in the month of June 2019. I plan to depart on a Thursday by 9 am from LA area in a rented 4x4 full size truck to Monache Meadows. The camp out at 8000 feet , no bathrooms nor faucets there. On Friday just kick back , eat and sleep, may be wait for more hikers to arrive. Saturday at 2 to 3 am depart ...
Read more : OLANCHA PEAK ( 12,132 ft ) HIKE PARTNER FOR JUNE 2019 | Views : 3060 | Replies : 0

Looking for mentor: Lone Pine Peak this summer

Hey all, I am a southeast experienced sport climber in TN (5.12 indoors, 5.11 outdoors). I am a complete novice when it comes to multipitch and trad. The only trad I have done is following single pitch at T-wall in Chattanooga. I am climbing the Tetons this summer (with a guide) and will be getting the basic alpine/multipitch experience there...I am getting the summit fever for some more exposure and longer climbs. I applied for ...
Read more : Looking for mentor: Lone Pine Peak this summer | Views : 2762 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557975 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136468