It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:34 pm

News News of US - California

Site map of US - California » Forum : US - California

Find climbing partners in California

Sierra Partner Late June

If Tioga Pass happens to open in time, I plan to be around T. Meadows on June 27 and 28. I'd like to do a technical route on a peak such as NW Buttress on Tenaya, W Ridge of Conness, or East Face of Ragged Peak; and maybe a little cragging around the Meadows. I have only scrambled in the Sierra before, so I prefer to stick to easier stuff while getting a taste of ...
Read more : Sierra Partner Late June | Views : 4043 | Replies : 0

Shasta Climbing Partner/Partners 7/1-7/3

Anyone interested in hiking avalanche gulch the weekend before the 4th of july into that monday? I'd be open to full cascaval ridge or upper cascaval ridge variation also.

Worth mentioning too, I am participating in a crevasse rescue class 22nd - 23rd on Mt Baker. Have two spots open for the party.

Also DC route or adams beginning of august
Read more : Shasta Climbing Partner/Partners 7/1-7/3 | Views : 4553 | Replies : 1

Rae Lakes Loop walk-up permits

Hi everyone.

I am new to the site and would like to say hello... and of course, take the opportunity to solve some questions.

Me and my wife are planning on doing the Rae Lakes Loop in the last weeks of July. Although we have zero experience hiking the Sierra, we do have been into multiple multi-day hikes in several other regions.
The fact is we didn't plan in advance and could not secure the ...
Read more : Rae Lakes Loop walk-up permits | Views : 3946 | Replies : 0

Need Sierra Nevada advice

Climbed all Colorado 14ers. Don't know CA. Limited time LA end June. What's best qwik trip/climb to the high Sierra. Doesn't have to be 14. Needs to be non technical. A little class 4 ok (and even preferred). Too late to haul boards up and grab a couloir?
Read more : Need Sierra Nevada advice | Views : 7716 | Replies : 7

Looking for a partner to hike Mt Whitney on July 3

Hello All,

I am looking for someone to do Mt Whitney with on July 3rd, I have a day hike permit so have to do the entire 22 miles in a day. Please respond to me if interested and we can plan the trip !

Happy Hiking!

Thanks.
Read more : Looking for a partner to hike Mt Whitney on July 3 | Views : 4125 | Replies : 0

Shasta via Casaval Ridge 06/02-06/04

Anyone interested in doing Casaval Ridge, next weekend? (I can do it anyday beetween friday and sunday)

I'm also down for any glacier route, but maybe with all the snowpack this season could be less interesting.

Cheers! don't hesitate to contact me!
Read more : Shasta via Casaval Ridge 06/02-06/04 | Views : 3637 | Replies : 0

seeking partner to trad easy routes with

Hey gang,

i just started trad last summer and am seeking other beginning tradies to climb easy routes with, most of my climbing is done in Joshua Tree. Also, i am seeking a partner for Alabama Hills for sport climbing 5/29 - 5/31, my wife is afraid to lead belay me, ,HELP!!!!!
Read more : seeking partner to trad easy routes with | Views : 3786 | Replies : 0

Hiking partner for spring training in socal

I'm looking for a hiking partner for some spring training hiking to get warmed up for the summer. Looking for someone with excellent fitness, comfortable hiking at least 6 hours at higher elevations (sub 20 minute pace). PM me if interested.
Read more : Hiking partner for spring training in socal | Views : 3898 | Replies : 0

Sierra Trip Mar, 24- Mar, 25

Looking for partners for moderately difficult peak bagging in Sierra two weeks from now: Independence and/or Kearsarge peaks. Great peaks for moderately difficult weekend outing.

Mar, 23, Friday - take off from work around 5-6 pm, drive up to Independence Campground and crash there.
Mar, 24, Saturday - go climb Kearsarge peak, come back to Independence.
Mar, 25, Sunday - optimistically, go climb Independence peak, then drive back home.

I'm 37 year dude with decent ...
Read more : Sierra Trip Mar, 24- Mar, 25 | Views : 4864 | Replies : 2

SoCal Mountaineering/Alpine Partner(s)

Looking for a partner or partners for mountaineering/alpine hiking in the San Gabriel, San Bernardino and surrounding ranges. I'm based in Glendora and consider Mt. Baldy my "home" mountain. Would love to partner with people local, to be able to meet when not climbing to discuss future goal planning, off mountain training, etc.

Short term goals:
* New (to me) routes in Baldy Range - Three Ts, Baldy Village to Baldy, West Baldy, Several Baldy ...
Read more : SoCal Mountaineering/Alpine Partner(s) | Views : 4906 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557964 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136440