It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am

News News of US - Colorado

Site map of US - Colorado » Forum : US - Colorado

Find climbing partners in Colorado

Peak to climb on Thanksgiving

My husband and I would like to climb a peak on Thanksgiving somewhere
in Colorado. We live in Denver but will travel a few hours or so. We are looking for a peak with very little snowcover and not very sketchy. We are both ultrarunners a so we can handle doing something difficult but not too technical in that my mountaineering skills are a little rusty. Any ideas? We climbed the Spanish Peaks several years ...
Read more : Peak to climb on Thanksgiving | Views : 6470 | Replies : 0

Looking for climbing partner in Fort Collins

Hello all,

I just moved to Fort Collins in July after a decade of dreaming. Since i've been here i've been hiking tons. I just climbed my first 14er today Mt Bierstadt. At the moment i don't really have anyone to climb with so i'm stuck with climbing/hiking smaller peaks in order to keep things within my "safety" margin. I'm also a rock climber. I'f anyone out there is interested in partnering up for some ...
Read more : Looking for climbing partner in Fort Collins | Views : 6466 | Replies : 0

Looking for climbing partner

Hey all,

My name is Chris i 'm 24 and i finally made the move to Colorado on July 8th 2014. I've been hiking a decent amount since i got here and i will be climbing my first 14ers tomorrow 10/25/2014 Torreys and Grays. I'm always looking to get out and shorten the list of climbed 14ers. I'f anyone is interested in partnering up for future climbs i'm more than open to partake.
Read more : Looking for climbing partner | Views : 6686 | Replies : 0

Mt. Logan (2015)

Anyone interested in attempting Mt. Logan next spring? I'm interested in the East Ridge or Colorado Ridge.
I do have a plan-B but I'm more intent on Logan. I have a 2nd partner for Logan (like ~80%) but looking for a third.
-Kiefer
Read more : Mt. Logan (2015) | Views : 8403 | Replies : 3

Read more : . | Views : 7427 | Replies : 2

Holy Cross North Ridge Friday July 25th

Anybody want to hike the standard route on Holy Cross this Friday July 25th? I was going to go by myself but some company might be nice. My planned start time is 6 am so I'll be leaving Vail at 5 am that morning. Hoping to make the summit by 9:30 am and be back at the trail head by 12-12:30 pm to avoid potential thunderstorms. Get in touch if you are interested in joining. ...
Read more : Holy Cross North Ridge Friday July 25th | Views : 6911 | Replies : 0

Looking for a partner 7/26

Looking for a partner Saturday 7/26. I'm looking at Pikes, Bard/ Parnassus, and Rosalie, but I'm open to anything. PM me if you're interested.
Read more : Looking for a partner 7/26 | Views : 6860 | Replies : 0

July 25-27 (Friday evening through Sunday)

Does anyone want to climb something?

I'd be interested in anything that either isn't too far or isn't a 14er.

The wife and kids are busy during that time period.

I'd even go for something in Wyoming. I wouldn't mind climbing Haystack in the Wind Rivers, for example. Anything in the northern half of Colorado is OK too. Wouldn't mind something up to mid-5th class either.
Read more : July 25-27 (Friday evening through Sunday) | Views : 6593 | Replies : 0

Mount Elbert gathering-March

Is anyone interested in a late Winter Gathering on Mount Elbert via the South Trailhead? Those who want could make it either a day trip or overnighter.

I was thinking of Maybe March 8.
Read more : Mount Elbert gathering-March | Views : 10405 | Replies : 5

Taking a newbie up the 1st or 3rd in exchange for... lunch?

Hello, I'm a neophyte climber - used to do it when I was younger, recently picked it back up, yadda yadda.

I've love to climb up on the east face routes on the Third or the First, but do not have a partner to try it with (I also just moved into town). Would anyone offer to show me the route on one of these? Third is a preference, as it's access will be closed ...
Read more : Taking a newbie up the 1st or 3rd in exchange for... lunch? | Views : 7164 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136457