Summer socks

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
pirate

Summer socks

by pirate » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:44 am

REI seems to be pushing "Darn Tough" socks and Outdoor Gear Labs loves them. I was NOT impressed with their "Darn Tough Light Hiker Micro Crew" - the only one they rated highly for warm weather. I don't like it that the fabric is non-stretchy, and I don't find it cushion-ey. It just sort of sits there, dead, and not conforming to my foot.

Anyone else have a summer sock they like? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Wool is waaaay to heavy for me for summer.

I do like the colder weather "darn tough" socks, however.

-TPC

no avatar
Tood1997

Re: Summer socks

by Tood1997 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:02 am

pirate wrote:REI seems to be pushing "Darn Tough" socks and Outdoor Gear Labs loves them. I was NOT impressed with their "Darn Tough Light Hiker Micro Crew" - the only one they rated highly for warm weather. I don't like it that the fabric is non-stretchy, and I don't find it cushion-ey. It just sort of sits there, dead, and not conforming to my foot.

Anyone else have a summer sock they like? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

-TPC

I suggest Smartwool PhD Run Ultra Light Micro Socks. I super like it. These socks are made of a blend of merino wool, nylon, and elastane, which makes them lightweight, breathable, and stretchy. They also have a mesh ventilation zone to keep your feet cool and dry.

no avatar
albertadarosa

Re: Summer socks

by albertadarosa » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:45 am

Tood1997 wrote:
pirate wrote:REI seems to be pushing "Darn Tough" socks and Outdoor Gear Labs loves them. I was NOT impressed with their "Darn Tough Light Hiker Micro Crew" - the only one they rated highly for warm weather. I don't like it that the fabric is non-stretchy, and I don't find it cushion-ey. It just sort of sits there, dead, and not conforming to my foot.

-TPC

I suggest Smartwool PhD Run Ultra Light Micro Socks. I super like it. These socks are made of a blend of merino wool, nylon, and elastane, which makes them lightweight, breathable, and stretchy. They also have a mesh ventilation zone to keep your feet cool and dry.

I also use this Smartwool socks. It's so great and comfortable.

Return to Gear