It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:26 am

News News of US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Find climbing partners in the Northern Rockies.

Looking for partners near Jackson, WY

New to the Jackson area. Looking for partners, hiking, climbing, ice climbing this winter, x-country ski, downhill at JH, and looking to try backcountry skiing (easy). Plan on taking an avy course. Have gear, experience with multipitch, trad, etc.
Just looking for people to get out with. Doesn't need to be epic to be fun.
Thanks!
Read more : Looking for partners near Jackson, WY | Views : 12191 | Replies : 8

Darton Peak

Another failed summit attempt on Darton Peak in the Bighorns yesterday. It's 16 miles RT with 3,400ft of gain. My partner just couldn't make it, and I'm not the type to leave someone sitting somewhere while I climb. So.....looks like I'll just have to go back....such a bummer. ;) We did 13 RT in a little over 5 hours, and that was with multiple breaks, so we ...
Read more : Darton Peak | Views : 8945 | Replies : 2

Looking for climbing partner Mon-Tues (Aug 19-20)

Anyone have next mon-tues off? Looking for a Beartooth climb. One of the ones listed below is high on my list:

Bears Tooth
Mystic Equinox Tower
North Ridge of Mount Inabnit
North Ridge of Metcalf Mountain (day climb)
Castle Rock Spire East Ridge
Snowbank Mountain (Any route!)
Mount Wood to Mount Hague Traverse
Beartooth Mountain Northwest Face

PM me or Email at mlemke100@gmail.com

I'm also down for nearby stuff like ...
Read more : Looking for climbing partner Mon-Tues (Aug 19-20) | Views : 13151 | Replies : 11

Mt. Moran or other Teton Fun - Aug. 28 - 30

A buddy and I will be in the Tetons 8/27 - 8/30 (we're then staying in Jackson for the holiday weekend for a bachelor party, any suggestions? :twisted: ). We're looking for a third or another pair to join us. We're primarily looking at the CMC route on Mt. Moran, but are open to other suggestions as well if anyone wants to join up with us.
Read more : Mt. Moran or other Teton Fun - Aug. 28 - 30 | Views : 8172 | Replies : 1

Gannett Peak

Have 5 days off July 4th through 8th. Anyone interested in climbing in the Tetons and dayhiking (under 24 hours) Gannett peak? Either this weekend or whenever this summer.
Read more : Gannett Peak | Views : 9714 | Replies : 3

Cancer Survivor Looking for Climbers to Summit Gannett

Looking to attempt a trip to the summit of Gannett this summer and looking for some one/people to attempt it with?
I am posting this for a friend who doesnt have internet and has recently remissioned from cancer. Does not effect his ability.
He is an experiienced mountaineer and attempted Gannett several times before. He wants to summit before he cant do the trip any longer.
I would do it with him but I cant ...
Read more : Cancer Survivor Looking for Climbers to Summit Gannett | Views : 9273 | Replies : 1

Grand Teton Labor Day weekend

Long way off, but is anyone interested in the Grand Teton Labor Day weekend?
Read more : Grand Teton Labor Day weekend | Views : 11827 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557963 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434