It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 1:51 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Anyone been up Spanish fork peak lately?

Got me a free trip to Utah for buisness and I'm hoping to have an extra free day to climb up Spanish fork peak. Is this something that can be done easily in one day and is there anything I need to know about it this time of year? Ill be staying about 30 miles from the trail head. Any info would be appreciated.
Read more : Anyone been up Spanish fork peak lately? | Views : 3456 | Replies : 2

water on Lone Peak

I'm planning on doing the jacobs ladder route sometime soon. is there any water at all along the trail after the meadow, like once you hit the granite slabs where you follow the cairns...any puddles in there or anything at all in cirque? Since it's such a dry year i won't be suprised if it's all dried up.
Read more : water on Lone Peak | Views : 6159 | Replies : 4

Looking for a climbing partner - Sept 9th/10th - Moab Area

I'm heading to Utah from the northeast for a few days to go mountain biking in the Moab/Arches/Canyonland area but would love a day of climbing. Either the 9th or 10th of September.

I've never been to the area before. I can lead up to a New England granite 5.7. So just looking for a low key, easy intro to desert climbing type of day. I am up for following harder routes. Looks beautiful out ...
Read more : Looking for a climbing partner - Sept 9th/10th - Moab Area | Views : 3007 | Replies : 0

Zion National Park inholding development

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54425196-78/park-zion-national-parks.html.csp

Salt Lake City Tribune article about new homes being built on private land within the Zion National Park boundaries.
Read more : Zion National Park inholding development | Views : 4194 | Replies : 2

Kings Emmons Traverse

I have wanted to do this traverse for a long time and finally got around to it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQkXWOspOJg
Read more : Kings Emmons Traverse | Views : 2935 | Replies : 4

County High Points in S. Utah

If anyone is wanting to do any of the COHPs in the southern half of the state in the next month or so let me know. I might be tackling a few of them and have a somewhat flexible schedule.

=)
Read more : County High Points in S. Utah | Views : 2350 | Replies : 0

Easy trad routes near SLC?

moving to Utah next week and just getting into trad climbing. Any favorite easy routes near SLC for first trad leads?
Thanks in advance.
Read more : Easy trad routes near SLC? | Views : 8581 | Replies : 4

Black Hole Sat. June 23

Thinking of making a run through the Black Hole on June 23 if anyone is interested in joining.
Read more : Black Hole Sat. June 23 | Views : 1816 | Replies : 0

Mt. Timpanogos Conditions

Does anyone know what the snow conditions are like on top of Mt. Timpanogos right now? Hoping to head up this Sunday.
Read more : Mt. Timpanogos Conditions | Views : 2699 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558019 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136584