It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:40 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Snow level?

Forgive my ignorance of how the snow was this past winter in Utah but I find myself driving through in a couple days and want to try to get up something there. Is Pfeifferhorn this time of year a snow climb or a hike/scramble? Thanks.
Read more : Snow level? | Views : 5156 | Replies : 9

What's up with Durst Mt.?

Any major reason no one has registered an ascent? Is there any red tape like being on private land or behind a barbed wire fence or communication towers?

If there isn't any reason to not hike it, I'm going to do so in the next few weeks and make a page for it. I've taken a lot more than I've given to the site and want to contribute in some way.

-Harbor (Oliver H.)
Read more : What's up with Durst Mt.? | Views : 4093 | Replies : 2

Olympus this morning

Does anyone know what was going on at Mount Olympus this morning? I went there about 7:30 this morning and there was the most cars I've ever seen there. The line stetched down the road over a 1/4 mile :shock: I turned around and went home.
Read more : Olympus this morning | Views : 3305 | Replies : 7

Memorial Day Weekend Canyoneering or River Trip

I'm thinking of putting together a river trip or canyoneering trip over Memorial Day weekend.

Most small rivers (i.e. San Rafael) will not have enough water this year.

Possible River Trips

Colorado River Ruby-Horsethief

Colorado River Moab

Labyrinth (Friendship Cruise is cancelled this year due to low water)

Stillwater Canyon (requires boat pickup at Spanish Bottom)

Gunnison River Dominguez Canyon section

Green River Flaming Gorge to Browns Park (Red Creek Rapid is portagable)

Possible Canyoneering ...
Read more : Memorial Day Weekend Canyoneering or River Trip | Views : 2446 | Replies : 0

Mount Olympus

Hey, when is mount olympus usually clear of snow? and what are the current conditions up there right now?
Read more : Mount Olympus | Views : 3262 | Replies : 4

The Future...

On Saturday, April 7, 2012, I climbed Ben Lomond in northern Utah. On the descent, I talked briefly to two women who were also intending to summit. I wonder if they realize how unique they are, as they were ski mountaineers, not just back-country skiers.

Since then, I have been wracked with regret for not having made an attempt to get their contact information. For as I have gotten wiser, I have come to realize ...
Read more : The Future... | Views : 10125 | Replies : 21

Anyone interested in joining me 8/30/12 to do Kings Peak?

Hi,

First post here. I posted this on another forum but no one responded. Maybe not many people are on these forums but I thought I'd give it a shot here too for those that don't visit there. I don't want to try this hike by myself since it could be 3 days of hiking (10 miles per day) and I've never gone this far to a high point. I need to hike with someone ...
Read more : Anyone interested in joining me 8/30/12 to do Kings Peak? | Views : 6004 | Replies : 10

Finger of Fate Trip Report 4/4/12

I thought a few folks might find this interesting. My buddy Noah and I headed down to climb the Finger of Fate on the Titan in the Fisher Towers. The Titan is the tallest free-standing desert tower in North America and possibly the world. Also, the Finger of Fate is one of the 50 Classic Climbs in North America.

Lots of photos and my full report can be found on my site Brian in the ...
Read more : Finger of Fate Trip Report 4/4/12 | Views : 2400 | Replies : 0

Henrys Fork Abandoned Camp?

Are you the owner, or do you know who the owner is, of an abandoned camp between the Alligator Lake Turn Off and ElkHorn Crossing in the Henrys Fork Area of the High Unitas? If you have any clues as to who this camp belongs to please reply. Thanks
Read more : Henrys Fork Abandoned Camp? | Views : 2195 | Replies : 0

Lost pack & snowshoes

I drove off without my pack at the roadside, BCC, bottom of S curve, after hiking in Broad's Fork Saturday, March 31.
Read more : Lost pack & snowshoes | Views : 1792 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574