It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:44 pm

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Wasatch Avalanche Conditions

Hey Utahns,
Is anyone interested in an ongoing thread about avalanche conditions in the Wasatch? I'm not sure if there are enough of us on this site who routinely travel in avalanche terrain in the Wasatch to make it worthwhile, but I'm of the opinion that more information is always better than less. I know there are a few of us who tour 4-5 days a week during the winter on SP, and there are ...
Read more : Wasatch Avalanche Conditions | Views : 84201 | Replies : 186

Utah Mountaineering Thread: Winter 2009/2010

Time for a winter thread I think.

Looks like tomorrow morning's weather will be the mild part of the weekend. Anyone want to get out? Mountaineering? Anyone want to take a newbie ice climbing (I have all my own gear but I've never used it. Looking for some mentoring in that regard. Any takers?)
Read more : Utah Mountaineering Thread: Winter 2009/2010 | Views : 7234 | Replies : 20

Ogden Ice Malan Falls

I live in Ogden Utah and looking for ice climbing partners. Planning on climbing Malan falls soon, Anyone?
send me a PM
Read more : Ogden Ice Malan Falls | Views : 2854 | Replies : 2

Couloir climbs around St George UT

I'm new to the area. Whats classic? I'm sure theres got to be some near salt lake, any in Nevada?

Not necessarily looking to do these real soon, just get a healthy list for later (next couple months).
Read more : Couloir climbs around St George UT | Views : 2152 | Replies : 3

Adopt Wasatch Pages

I'd like to adopt the following pages out.

The Point 9947 page:

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/393189/point-9947-aka-rainbow-peak.html

and the Point 10718 page:

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/393183/Point-10718-aka-Lake-Peak.html

You can also find them at the Pages up for adoption page:
http://www.summitpost.org/list/239857/pages-up-for-adoption.html

I'm not sure how to transfer it, but please let me know if youre interested.
Read more : Adopt Wasatch Pages | Views : 1608 | Replies : 0

3 Season tent at elevation in the La Sal range?

I have my dad's old 3 season northface tent from the 70's and was planning on climbing mt. peale sometime between dec. 18-25th. I have a northface synthetic rated down to 20 degrees and am wondering if the combination of these two are ill-suited for the task at hand. I'll also be using it to camp all over the area during the week but my only real concern is when I'm up at elevation.

THanks.
Read more : 3 Season tent at elevation in the La Sal range? | Views : 4199 | Replies : 14

Utah Ice?

Is there a good ice conditions report somewhere? Was planning a family ski trip in 2 weeks, but the snow sucks, so I may do a climb or two. Is great white icicle in? Other WI3-4's?
Read more : Utah Ice? | Views : 7690 | Replies : 21

Spelunker dies in Utah cave

R.I.P.

A man stuck upside-down in a cave for more than a day died early Thursday, despite the efforts of dozens of rescuers, authorities said.

John Jones, 26, of Stansbury Park died about 12:30 a.m., nearly 28 hours after he became stuck 700 feet into the cave known as Nutty Putty, Utah County Sheriff's Department spokesman Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.

Full story.
Read more : Spelunker dies in Utah cave | Views : 12960 | Replies : 25

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430